[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone been to Berlin and have tourist suggestions?

wiegie

For the hell of it, I'm heading up to Berlin for a few days next week. Anybody been there and have any suggestions as to what I should do or see? (I plan to check out the museums (art and history), some Cold War stuff, and if the weather is nice go up in the televion tower, but I am open to other ideas.)

RR Juniorette was there in Janruary. Here's what she said:

there's a ton to do there. i recommend visiting what's left of the wall, there's a small museum by one of the old checkpoints called checkpoint charlie, which has a ton of info. there's another one that's something like the the perganon museum. i will have to look up the exact name. we were only there for two days. but there is a lot more to see and do. the public transport system alone is amazing and makes even nyc's seem primitive. let me know if he needs more.

RR, not to insult anyone, but checkpoint charlie was THE gate beween e and W Berlin, IIRC

So Was the Brandenburg Gate.....

Checkpoint Charlie.....

2 different places, but I could be wrong, but both where entrances to East Germany.

:wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

Thanks for the suggestions. :D

I had heard about this place a while back, but forgot about it. It is a bar that operates sort of like a stock-market where the price of various beers fluctuate over the course of the evening based upon demand. (I'm thinking I should be able to deduct my tab as some sort of business-related expense... right?) :D

:wacko:

Edited by wiegie