[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop the kids at the pool

westvirginia

wv, your link's author sucks.

"If she really did have a skin condition that stopped her from washing her hands, there are other remedies out there for her, from workers compensation to long term disability insurance, to switching jobs within McDonald's."

This is actually precisely what the lawsuit was about. The woman in question, who had worked for McDonalds for 23 years, tried to return to work under normal circumstances, but kept having a medical flare up. She WAS on long term disability, and she approached McDonalds about moving to a position in the company that didn't require such frequent hand washing, and they fired her instead.

According to Canadian law, an employer can't just fire someone because they have a disability, they need to try to accomodate them... which they didn't.

Agree with the ruling, disagree with the ruling, I don't care. But don't misrepresent the facts trying to cause hysterical response. Don't we get enough of that?

wv, your link's author sucks.

"If she really did have a skin condition that stopped her from washing her hands, there are other remedies out there for her, from workers compensation to long term disability insurance, to switching jobs within McDonald's."

This is actually precisely what the lawsuit was about. The woman in question, who had worked for McDonalds for 23 years, tried to return to work under normal circumstances, but kept having a medical flare up. She WAS on long term disability, and she approached McDonalds about moving to a position in the company that didn't require such frequent hand washing, and they fired her instead.

According to Canadian law, an employer can't just fire someone because they have a disability, they need to try to accomodate them... which they didn't.

Agree with the ruling, disagree with the ruling, I don't care. But don't misrepresent the facts trying to cause hysterical response. Don't we get enough of that?

Dude, I"ve been trying to get a good fight started for two weeks. I guess I resorted to H8 tactics...

I am shamed... :wacko: