[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Credit Card?

loyalboyd

I remember seeing someone state that you could lower your credit card interest by saying something to your credit card person. I think it was a short statement to say to them. I wanted to try and use this. Being paying on time for some time now. Wanted to see if I could lower my credit card interest some more. Thanks ahead of time for helping me with this.

I remember seeing someone state that you could lower your credit card interest by saying something to your credit card person. I think it was a short statement to say to them. I wanted to try and use this. Being paying on time for some time now. Wanted to see if I could lower my credit card interest some more. Thanks ahead of time for helping me with this.

About 5 years ago I called my CC and asked for my interest rate to be lowered. It went something like this:

Me - Please lower my interest rate.

Them - Sorry, can't do it. Your history doesn't allow us to.

Me - Do you have my payment history there?

Them - Yes.

Me - Have I ever missed a payment?

Them - You were 2 days late on a payment 3 years ago.

Me - And that's why you can't lower my rate?

Them - Yup.

Me - If you don't lower my rate I'm transferring my entire balance to another company, and then shredding your card.

Them - Sorry, no can do.

I've had great success with this over the years.

For one reason or another, CC companies bump the rate a few points here and there and then all of a sudden an 8% card becomes a 15% card ... and all I'd do is call in and ask if there was a better rate that I'd qualify for. I'd say my success rate on getting a lower rate is about 2/3 of the time it's to my benefit to call. The worst thing that ever happened was "no, we can't lower your rate right now because you know Sheik and he was late two days three years ago."

Edited by muck

About 5 years ago I called my CC and asked for my interest rate to be lowered. It went something like this:

Me - Please lower my interest rate.

Them - Sorry, can't do it. Your history doesn't allow us to.

Me - Do you have my payment history there?

Them - Yes.

Me - Have I ever missed a payment?

Them - You were 2 days late on a payment 3 years ago.

Me - And that's why you can't lower my rate?

Them - Yup.

Me - If you don't lower my rate I'm transferring my entire balance to another company, and then shredding your card.

Them - Sorry, no can do.

So what did you do? Did you tear up the card? Bend over and let them put it in your tail pipe ( :wacko: )? Cry hysterically until he dropped it?

So what did you do? Did you tear up the card? Bend over and let them put it in your tail pipe ( :wacko: )? Cry hysterically until he dropped it?

I transferred the entire balance to another card. Less than a year later I met my wife, who took much better care of the problem. She's 1000% better with money than I am. In the first 6 months we were dating she sat me down, read me the riot act, and I went from over 25K in CC debt to debt free.

I remember seeing someone state that you could lower your credit card interest by saying something to your credit card person. I think it was a short statement to say to them.

All credit card phone reps are members of an obscure sect of the Freemasons. There is a secret word that, when uttered, forces reps to lower your interest rate, then go to a secret location to paddle themselves in a secret ceremony.

"Tubal Cain"

Guard this secret carefully.