[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love this advertising campaign...

Duchess Jack

I want the last 5 minutes of my life back.

Ghey.

(however, I could really go for a Snickers right about now. . . )

Wow. Really? My sense of humor might be broken, but I think they're great.

Edited by Duchess Jack

TBWA produced those. They also did the "man kissing" spot that ran during the super bowl.

I kind of see where they were heading with the concept largely in part to the HUGH amount of negative feedback they received for their Superbowl ad. It's a little weak as far as mechandising Snickers but you'll at least remember it for a little while.

Edited by twiley

I kind of remember the kissing add – not really, but kind of. Did a they guys kiss because one has something ‘tasty’ on his face? Was it caramel from a Snickers?

As far as this add selling a snickers goes... everybody knows what a Snickers is and what is in a Snickers. They can tell us how good a Snickers is until they're blue in the face - but its not like they'd tell us if the product sucked.

They entertained me though which makes me appreciate Snickers far more than hearing how good peanuts and caramel are again.

Best advertising I’ve seen recently has been coming from IBM. Very, very clever.

Are you in advertising, Twiley?

I kind of remember the kissing add – not really, but kind of. Did a they guys kiss because one has something ‘tasty’ on his face? Was it caramel from a Snickers?

As far as this add selling a snickers goes... everybody knows what a Snickers is and what is in a Snickers. They can tell us how good a Snickers is until they're blue in the face - but its not like they'd tell us if the product sucked.

They entertained me though which makes me appreciate Snickers far more than hearing how good peanuts and caramel are again.

Best advertising I’ve seen recently has been coming from IBM. Very, very clever.

[bigjohn] :wacko: yes [/bigjohn]

Yeah, I'm in advertising.

Brand recognition and reinforcement are the #1 components of any campaign and I really think this one falls short on it. Look at every Apple and crappy shoes from spammers commercial out there right now and you'll see what I'm talking about. They're not blatantly forcing the product down your throat but they still contain subtle nuances of what their brand stands for. Take for example, the crappy shoes from spammers commercial "For Warriors" that ran a few years ago with an array of athletes wearing tribal masks. Subtle product placement and brand reinforcement but it had a strong concept about primal urges, battles, and the raw spirit of today's athletes going into battle with the right gear. What's even deeper about this campaign is that each mask was a true representation of that particular players soul and how they played the game. My only gripe about that campaign was that they didn't follow it up with enough Print or POP because much of the meaning was lost if you didn't take the time to go to the website and see what it was all about.

Just my :wacko::D