[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Who can shed a few pounds

Missoula Griz

was down 15 lbs since march. just spent a week at home in SF. regained about 6 of it. sooooo hard to say no to all of my old favorites. i know that 6 will come off shortly.... after that..want to drop 10-15 more and i'll be happy.

Went jogging last night for an hour, came home and stretched. I feel pretty good. My dog certainly liked running with me. I slept much better than usual, too.

Because of my back, I can no longer run/jog, doctor orders. It makes me jealous when I drive home from work and see people running on the trail.

I am buying a new mountain bike this week. I know once I get started I will get addicted to it.

Because of my back, I can no longer run/jog, doctor orders. It makes me jealous when I drive home from work and see people running on the trail.

I am buying a new mountain bike this week. I know once I get started I will get addicted to it.

If you've got a bad back you could also try swimming.

The Mrs. keeps wanting me to try yoga. But I just can't see myself enjoying sitting in one place, which is part of the reason I don't like gyms. If I'm going to be active, I want to go out and see stuff. You know, feel the sun on my face and the wind in my underpants.

Combat conditioning

I've been trying out this program for a couple of weeks. I think it could be really effective for weight loss if mixed with cardio. I'm not losing any weight , but I'm not really trying as hard as I could. The squats and the pushups will kick your ass though, if you go to failure.

I have back problems too, along with some hip arthritis, so I can't run anymore. I do the stationary bike and the eliptical machines.

Will you be riding dirt trails or primarily pavement and packed dirt?

A "real" mt. bike might not be the best bike for your back problems -- I have back issues too -- and you might be better off (read: less pain) on another sytyle of bike.

Good point. It is not a true Mountain bike. I used to do some pretty tough trails on a expensive mountain bike years back. Now, it will be pretty mellow riding with the family. Only spending about $400.00 at a local bike shop.

Edited by Missoula Griz