[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joba Chamberlain's role

Guest Chappy

Joba Chamberlain  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Joba be used to benefit the Yankees?

• The Starting Rotation.
    • Reliever/Setup Man.
    • Puddy.

Guest Chappy

Just out of curiousity as I watch Yankee pitching continue to be a problem, should Joba be moved into the starting rotation? Or should he be left as a reliever/setup man?

It's too early to panic about the starting pitching.

If the offense was producing the expected 6 runs per game and the starters were losing it would be different.

Any one with any knowledge of the Yankees knew it would be hard with two rookie starters (Hughes and Kennedy) for a while this year.

Last year at this time we were 12 games behind the Sux and managed to make a game of it. This year .500 and two games behind.

It's too early to panic about the starting pitching.

If the offense was producing the expected 6 runs per game and the starters were losing it would be different.

Any one with any knowledge of the Yankees knew it would be hard with two rookie starters (Hughes and Kennedy) for a while this year.

Last year at this time we were 12 games behind the Sux and managed to make a game of it. This year .500 and two games behind.

I'm about as anti Yankee as you will find but jack is right. Way to early to panic. I would absolutely leave him as a setup man for the rest of the year. The only way they are going to get him in the rotation is by sending him to AAA. He would need to work into a starting role. Worst thing they could do to the kid in my opinion is rush him. He has 5x the talent of Hughes or Kennedy.

The saving grace for the Yankees is that Boston is not playing all that great either. I have a good feeling though that the Sox are about to go on a nice run. The pitching has been really good of late. Now if they can just wake the bats up...

Hughes is on the DL until mid-summer and Kennedy just got sent down. That Rasner kid is back in the rotation and he's a disaster waiting to happen. Is it time to hit the Joba panic button now? I don't know, but if they put him into the rotation just until Hughes came back from his injury I wouldn't fault them for doing so.

Sorry but you can't just plug someone in the starting rotation. It would probably take about a month to get his arms strength up to where he could throw 100 pitches and be an effective starter.

And by the way Rasner sure looked like a disaster the other day.

Sorry but you can't just plug someone in the starting rotation. It would probably take about a month to get his arms strength up to where he could throw 100 pitches and be an effective starter.

[hank] You'd have to be an idiot to think that Joba isn't rotation ready TODAY. [/hank]

[hank] You'd have to be an idiot to think that Joba isn't rotation ready TODAY. [/hank]

How long has it been since he threw 100 pitches? I do not see the point in rushing him. Moving him to the rotation just opens another hole at setup. Farnsworth is pitching better but there is no chance I trust him in pressure situations.

Last I checked, there are 126 games remaining. A-Rod is on the DL, Posada is on the DL, Bruney is on the DL, Hughes is on the DL. Kennedy is in the minors. Cano hasn't started hitting yet. Why is there panic? If this team wins 85 games this year and prepares the young pitchers for the next 10 years, it would be worth it.

Edited by The Wolf