[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

0-10 baseball pool league

KevinL

I was thinking about this the other night and wondered about doing the 1-10 pool as a league. Here's my idea how it would work. Let me know if you think this is a good or bad idea or what.

1) Start with some number of owners around 20.

2) Everybody pays $30. (Total pot $600)

3) Diceroll for draft order, each owner drafts a team. (Note some teams will NOT be drafted).

4) Start with the normal 0-10 contest.

5) If a drafted team wins, they win $100.

6) If an undrafted team wins, $50 carries over to the next 0-10 contest and $50 carries over to the season prize.

7) Owners get points based on how many scores they got (if you got 0-10 you would get 11 points).

8) Redraft in last-to-first order and have another 0-10 contest for $100.

I expect we could have about 4 0-10 contests in the year for $100 each, with $200 going to the season winner (owner with the most points from the 4 0-10 contests.

I would probably take a team but I need to tell you Kevin. Updating this every day for a year will be a big undertaking for you. It's not rocket science but I wouldnt want to do it all year

I would probably take a team but I need to tell you Kevin. Updating this every day for a year will be a big undertaking for you. It's not rocket science but I wouldnt want to do it all year

Whomp, why don't you make people keep track of their own teams and let them be responsible for announcing that they have won. I mean the person running a Bingo game doesn't have to keep track of everybody's cards. In the same way as a bingo game, the winner of the pool could announce that they have won and then it could be double-checked and confirmed. Just a thought.

Edited by wiegie

Whomp, why don't you make people keep track of their own teams and let them be responsible for announcing that they have won. I mean the person running a Bingo game doesn't have to keep track of everybody's cards. In the same way as a bingo game, the winner of the pool could announce that they have won and then it could be double-checked and confirmed. Just a thought.

I dont mind doing it for the pool I am running. I am just saying for the pool Kevin is proposing that may last a year it will get tedious for him.