[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pens- Flyers

jaxfactor

I figured these two teams need their own thread. Wow! What a first period. The way I see it so far is that the Pens didn't really have to do much clearing of the crease in the first two rounds. They better learn how to do it in a hurry as Philly will be all over Fleury. Surprised that Philly stayed out of the box in the first. Philly really missed Timmo on the first Pens goal. But what a freekin' game so far. I didn't expect 5 goals already. Maybe one or two max. :D

On a side note, I had to go out and cut a couple branches off the neighbor's tree right before the game. It was interfering with the dish. I hope she's not pissed. :wacko: 5 beers down already and I have to go to friggin work tomorrow damnit!

Pretty entertaining game thus far after two periods....lots of hitting, but clearly, the Flyers need to adjust the game plan to make up for the Pens superior speed and stick handling. They have done a great job of crashing the net and creating some quality scoring chances, but the Pens have decidedly controled the tempo.

Oh, and it would help a little if the Flyers didn't turn the puck over so much, eh? 4 turnovers lead to four goals, the worst of the bunch a Biron blunder leading to CCrosby's tying goal after Philly had taken the momentum. The Malkin cherry-pick shorthanded goal didn't help, either.

All in all, everything I expected.

Pretty entertaining game thus far after two periods....lots of hitting, but clearly, the Flyers need to adjust the game plan to make up for the Pens superior speed and stick handling. They have done a great job of crashing the net and creating some quality scoring chances, but the Pens have decidedly controled the tempo.

Oh, and it would help a little if the Flyers didn't turn the puck over so much, eh? 4 turnovers lead to four goals, the worst of the bunch a Biron blunder leading to CCrosby's tying goal after Philly had taken the momentum. The Malkin cherry-pick shorthanded goal didn't help, either.

All in all, everything I expected.

On the contrary, Swammi, I think the Flyers came out with the perfect game plan in the first period. They took shots on net, they stayed out of the box, and they crashed the net. The turnovers killed them. So if they keep playing the way they played in period one of game one, minus the mistakes, they can still win this series. I was amazed how they faded from that gameplan in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Philly also lost game one in the first two rounds so I'm not singing yet. This series is still gonna be a war and I foresee alot more power plays coming our way. All the better for the Pens. The Flyers can be frustrated intoi taking penalties. As a Pens fan, I hope that's just what they do.