[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dealing with dominant manipulative men

polksalet

Ok, I know this is an unusual topic but hey, it won't be my last one I am sure. Many of you that have read my postings for years probably assume I have a little different personality from the average Joe. Well this usually serves me well but sometimes it can get downright bizarre. For instance, I am doing some business with a local power broker who does not lack for self esteem. He is an average size guy 5-10 200ish but I seem to detect a small man complex from him. I can tell he usually gets his way nd most people are very impressed with him because of his wealth, appearance and the way he carries himself if you will. So today I am extremely ill (I think my anus is falling out from stomach bug) so my wife takes some stuff by his office. She automatically dislikes him saying he must be a "man's man" whatever that means. So as of now of the many people we have in common with this guy we are the only ones (we know of ) who are not taken with him. Perhaps our personal exposure to a lot of people with extreme wealth has jaded us, I dunno. perhaps I am an insufferable fatherless male. Either way, I wish I liked the guy more as we are now doing stuff together.

Perhaps I am abnormal?

So you obviously aren't affected by his ego like many are and your wife certainly wasn't. If you ignore all that and see the person behind it perhaps it'll be easier to like him. In fact if you end up being one of the few people who gets to know him for who he is you'll probably be closer than he is with most people who are "impressed" by him or his stuff.