[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kimbo Slice tonight...

Puddy

that is a reach saying Penn would destory GSP cmon. Either could take the other, but slight overall edge to GSP - and I am a hugh Penn fan.

No way- best P4P is Anderson Silva and it is not even close. That guy is unreal -

If you really want to get down to it Fedor is the best pound for pound... And yeah, I'll stick with Penn as the best pound for pound not named Fedor... Watch the Machida fight when he took on the new no.1 light heavy weight contender, went the distance and ended up on the wrong side of a very questionable decision. If Lutter came in shape last fight, he finishes off Spider Silva.

I don't see GSP as a favorite, as they went to a split decision when they fought the first time, and that was the old Penn...

I don't see GSP being able to take out Silva, as the only person that is going to take out Silva anytime soon is the other Silva, if Wand drops to 185, which he's hinted at... Of course that would mean that he would have to pass on putting a third beating on Rampage.

Have you not been paying attention to GSP lately. His game has matured 10 fold since whipping Penns ass. Wildcat imo is giving Penn way to much credit saying it will be close. I dont think Penn makes it out of the 1st of a 5 min round. Penn is greatness, dont get me wrong, but he isnt anywere close to GSP or Silvia.

Have you not been paying attention to GSP lately. His game has matured 10 fold since whipping Penns ass. Wildcat imo is giving Penn way to much credit saying it will be close. I dont think Penn makes it out of the 1st of a 5 min round. Penn is greatness, dont get me wrong, but he isnt anywere close to GSP or Silvia.

GSP won a split decision over Penn... Whipping his ass he didn't.

I guess Ryan rented a couple of UFC's and is now a MMA genius... :wacko:

GSP won a split decision over Penn... Whipping his ass he didn't.

I guess Ryan rented a couple of UFC's and is now a MMA genius... :wacko:

LMAO, what makes you think you are the genius. Penn was punked by Matt Hughs in UFC 63, via knockout, and and =SD, GSP whipped his ass. Im sure you can go to youtube and see it again, since you seem to have forgotten. That shouldnt have been a split, no way, it should have been unanimous.

Ive been watching these UFC main events at Hooters and BWW for a few years now. And Penn hasnt fought sh1t since losing back to back to Hughes and GSP. GSP has already destroyed Hughes and beat up Penn once. And dont give me that conditioning sh1t. The way Hughes destroyed him, he shouldnt ever be considered the best P4P fighter ever. If you cant get in shape for a big fight, then dont waste our time fighting.

Damn you, I really really like Penn and you have made me trash him. :D

Edited by Sgt Ryan

LMAO, what makes you think you are the genius. Penn was punked by Matt Hughs in UFC 63, via knockout, and and =SD, GSP whipped his ass. Im sure you can go to youtube and see it again, since you seem to have forgotten. That shouldnt have been a split, no way, it should have been unanimous.

Ive been watching these UFC main events at Hooters and BWW for a few years now. And Penn hasnt fought sh1t since losing back to back to Hughes and GSP. GSP has already destroyed Hughes and beat up Penn once.

I'm not a genius, I've been watching MMA before the Ultimate Fighter came around. Penn came in out of shape and got rocked by Hughes, and it was the greatest thing to ever happen to Penn. Penn won belts on talent alone, with no dedication. That loss woke up Penn and he is 100% focused. And yes the GSP/Penn went to a split decision... If that upsets you then visit this link... A split means the judges disagreed.

And it's Matt Serra... With two R's.

Edited by piratesownninjas

:wacko: You were trashing him well before I started talking to you. You won't even admit GSP and Penn went to a split...

Dont get me going on reality. I still think OU was better than SC in 04, just turnovers snow balled the game, and OU never recovered and SC capitalized on every mistake like a Champion should. :D

• 3 weeks later...

A heads up to everyone- there is a free card on SPIKE Saturday night as part of the Ultimate Fighter show on Spike that is worth checking out.

Anyone here watch the show??? if not- guys get it in your DVR system- great show - really cool to get a feel for what makes these doods tick before they get in the ring, and really maks the fights more interesting.

The final from this season - Amir Vs. CB Dolloway- winner gets a UFC contract, and there will be some other fights on the card that are worth checking out.

It will be a much better free MMA product than the chit on CBSlice you all caught for maybe the first time.

Then 7/5 F Griffin and Rampage, the 2 coaches from the Ultimate Fighter opposing teams square off in Vegas -

Edited by wildcat2334

I agree size doesnt matter as much in MMA.

But I couldnt disagree more on GSP and Penn. GSP already destroyed Penn, and GSP is twice the fighter he was at that time. Penn wouldnt make it out of the first with GSP. The way he brutalized Sera, and Hughes before that proved what this kid was made of. Penn has nothing on his resume that comes close to these 3 wins, including whipping Penn already.

Penn is top 5, but I dont think he is anywhere close to Anderson Silvia or GSP. Not even close. And Im a big Penn fan, but reality is reality.

Ive been watching these UFC main events at Hooters and BWW for a few years now. And Penn hasnt fought sh1t since losing back to back to Hughes and GSP. GSP has already destroyed Hughes and beat up Penn once. And dont give me that conditioning sh1t. The way Hughes destroyed him, he shouldnt ever be considered the best P4P fighter ever. If you cant get in shape for a big fight, then dont waste our time fighting.

Damn you, I really really like Penn and you have made me trash him. :wacko:

Sarge, I really think you are selling Penn short in both of his matchups to Hughs (the second time), and against St. Pierre. Penn was winning that fight against Hughes and came up short, it was either an injury that wasn't played up or conditioning, I can't remember. The fight against St. Pierre was a split decision. The fact that Penn was fighting at a higher weight class than what he naturally fights at, and a world class fighter like St. Pierre running around at least 20 pounds heavier didn't have a decisive victory should tell you something about Penn's ability. Penn fought a couple of fighters in higher weight classes as well in Japan and faired well enough. Lyoto Machida was one of his last fights in Japan, and he was fighting at 185lb (or was it 205lb...can't remember without looking it up).

I think Penn and Anderson Silva would be an incredible fight. In my opinion, there is no other combination of heavy hands and ground fighting out there that can compare with Penn. Arguably, Silva could be right there.

I think Penn and Anderson Silva would be an incredible fight. In my opinion, there is no other combination of heavy hands and ground fighting out there that can compare with Penn. Arguably, Silva could be right there.

you will see GSP/Silva before Penn/Silva IMO - and huh?? Silva is the best al around fighter on the planet my man. Arguably as good as Penn??? have you watched Silva fight?? dude is a machine - and would have a decided advantage over both Penn and Silva.

I agree- Sarge is selling Penn short, however I still give GSP slight edge over Penn - le'ts hope they fight sometime soon!!!

Silva is the best al around fighter on the planet my man.

You obviously never watched Pride. His name is Fedor, and he's the greatest fighter ever. Ever. Ever. At any weight. Ever.

He's fighting on the 19th against Tim Silvia, and will probably have him submitted via armbar in the first.

Also, Anderson Silva is moving up to 204 and will fight on a free card on Spike on July 19th. I don't think he'll be able to top a focused Wand or a healthy Shogun Rua, who when healthy very well may be the best lhw in the world.

Penn Vs GSP is a very real possibility in December/January according to Dana White, so lets cross our fingers.

Edited by piratesownninjas

you will see GSP/Silva before Penn/Silva IMO - and huh?? Silva is the best al around fighter on the planet my man. Arguably as good as Penn??? have you watched Silva fight?? dude is a machine - and would have a decided advantage over both Penn and Silva.

I agree- Sarge is selling Penn short, however I still give GSP slight edge over Penn - le'ts hope they fight sometime soon!!!

:wacko: Yes, I have seen them all fight. I would posit that Penn is the best all around fighter. Very heavy hands and unquestionably top jujitsu skills. The very fact that he can compete in higher weight classes, like I pointed out to Sarge, should be very telling of his talent.

You obviously never watched Pride. His name is Fedor, and he's the greatest fighter ever. Ever. Ever. At any weight. Ever.

He's fighting on the 19th against Tim Silvia, and will probably have him submitted via armbar in the first.

Also, Anderson Silva is moving up to 204 and will fight on a free card on Spike on July 19th. I don't think he'll be able to top a focused Wand or a healthy Shogun Rua, who when healthy very well may be the best lhw in the world.

Penn Vs GSP is a very real possibility in December/January according to Dana White, so lets cross our fingers.

Yes, Fedor is...awesome. Some would argue that the degree of talent he has faced has been lacking in top level competition recently. I think he will absolutely ruin Tim Silvia.

I think Silva may be over matched at 205, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he did well enough.

:wacko: Yes, I have seen them all fight. I would posit that Penn is the best all around fighter. Very heavy hands and unquestionably top jujitsu skills. The very fact that he can compete in higher weight classes, like I pointed out to Sarge, should be very telling of his talent.

As far as all around talent goes, Penn has it over the other two. His stand up is now amazing. Bas Rutten was quoted as saying if he was to train for 6-12 months he could hold titles in boxing... And he's the best Jiu Jitsu guy in MMA right now. Penn has gotten out to strong starts on GSP and Hughes, but gassed because of conditioning, which is an issue that is now fixed. GSP is no joke either, out of the three he's by far the best athlete and has proved dominant.

I also just read that GSP is potentially moving up to 185... Could he be dodging Penn? :D

Yes, Fedor is...awesome. Some would argue that the degree of talent he has faced has been lacking in top level competition recently. I think he will absolutely ruin Tim Silvia.

I think Silva may be over matched at 205, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he did well enough.

:wacko: He hasn't been fighting much recently, although his last fight he fought Hong Man Choi who stands at 7'2 352 pounds and finished him by armbar. Just look at the list of destruction, it speaks for itself.

I have never seen anyone as dominant as he. I don't even think he's human.

I admittedly don't know too much about this johnny-come-lately sport, but I've seen a lot of the fights mentioned here and BJ penn is probably my favorite guy in this sport. sakuraba is the other one. I saw the penn hughes fight on pride reruns (I think) and penn was kicking his ass until conditioning caught up with him. penn is the most natural jiujitsu fighter I have ever seen, just incredible natural flexibility and core strength.

Fedor is a mystery right now and needs to start fighting legit opponents- until then the jury is out, sorry. A 350 pound Chinamen? please

I love Penn, but I still think GSP is a slightly better overall fighter right now, but hopefully they can decide it in the octagon.

Anderson Silva is running thru the middlewiehgt division is a joke, and he is the best P4P fighter on the planet. period. end of story.

My top MMA fighters

A. Silva

GSP

Fedor

Rampage

Nogueira

Penn

Faber

Fedor is a mystery right now and needs to start fighting legit opponents- until then the jury is out, sorry. A 350 pound Chinamen? please

I love Penn, but I still think GSP is a slightly better overall fighter right now, but hopefully they can decide it in the octagon.

Anderson Silva is running thru the middlewiehgt division is a joke, and he is the best P4P fighter on the planet. period. end of story.

My top MMA fighters

A. Silva

GSP

Fedor

Rampage

Nogueira

Penn

Faber

Silva has lost 4 times. Fedor once, and that was because of a cut stoppage. No way is GSP or Silva, who have both been rocked a better fighter. You need to watch some old Pride fights before you come to this conclusion.