[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon hates the Broncos

Randall

Here's the quote from the story...he began taking care of his knee after they failed to get him the ball in ONE game...

In the first two games of the season, two Denver wins, Walker looked like the same player he was the season prior, grabbing 17 balls and being a key offensive component. However, in the third game, a home loss to Jacksonville, Walker had just two catches.

He said that was the beginning of the end of his time in Denver.

"I was open and they didn't get me the ball," Walker said. "Here I was busting my butt, draining my knee, to be able to go out and make plays and they didn't get me the ball. After that, I started to take care of my knee."

Did I miss something? :wacko:

I thought he hurt his knee in that game. He was out 7 games after game 3. I didn't know the complaining started until later in the season.

When did the complaining start?

Edited by Randall

I thought he hurt his knee in that game. He was out 7 games after game 3. I didn't know the complaining started until later in the season.

When did the complaining start?

Got me, my friend. Maybe a Denver homer can answer this for you. Sounds like he was hurt before the game and was draining his knee so he could play. Once he only had 2 catches in week 3, apparently he decided they weren't throwing to him...

Edited by The Wolf

Got me, my friend. Maybe a Denver homer can answer this for you. Sounds like he was hurt before the game and was draining his knee so he could play. Once he only had 2 catches in week 3, apparently he decided they weren't throwing to him...

So wait, let me get this straight: After ONE game where you don't get the ball you suddenly decide that a decision has been made not to throw to you anymore so you then don't make any more effort? This guy is a complete and selfish loser. I'm so tired of these NFL prima-donnas. I can't wait to see what he says after one bad game in Oakland. He's had what, 2 good seasons all the years he's been in the league? Denver and GB did the right thing by jettisoning this guy.

Edited by tosberg34

So wait, let me get this straight: After ONE game where you don't get the ball you suddenly decide that a decision has been made not to throw to you anymore so you then don't make any more effort? This guy is a complete and selfish loser. I'm so tired of these NFL prima-donnas. I can't wait to see what he says after one bad game in Oakland. He's had what, 2 good seasons all the years he's been in the league? Denver and GB did the right thing by jettisoning this guy.

My point exactly. :wacko:

BTW, by your sigline, I see Walker is on your squad...do you jettison him as well?

:D

My point exactly. :wacko:

BTW, by your sigline, I see Walker is on your squad...do you jettison him as well?

:D

That's last years team. Our draft isn't until late August - so I don't have a team yet. I just haven't updated my sig.

In answer to your question, though, Yes I did dump him.

That would be worse that I thought. I do have him on a dynasty but won't drop or trade him because he has no value.

A story that came out in december said this

In a rambling 8 minute group interview in front of his locker that was eventually cut off by the team's public relations staff, an unusually jovial Walker said he can still be a great receiver but probably for somebody else.

"I just don't see it happening for me here," he said. "What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me (in Denver), it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."

That was the first indication that Walker was unhappy in Denver, although he acknowledged last summer that he initially wanted out after cornerback Darrent Williams died in his arms in a New Year's Day drive-by shooting that remains unsolved. "

I don't think it happened until later in the season. Not in game 3.

Edited by Randall