[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IPOD Car Adaptors

nhoops

Morning Huddlers,

I know there may have been topics on this before, but products have changed. We just bought a car and will need either an FM transmitter or a hard wire put in.

Any advice on what FM transmitter to get, they vary greatly in price....$30-$100. I'm also seeing that we can get it hard wired at Best Buy.

We use a tape adapter in our other car.

Thanks in Advance

Does your new car radio have an AUX jack?

Nope, because then we wouldn't need the FM transmitter, correct?

It's a 2007, pre owned

Nope, because then we wouldn't need the FM transmitter, correct?

It's a 2007, pre owned

Yes. I will check with the guy I carpool with and see which 1 he had before he got a new vehicle with the AUX jack

make the investment and get it directly wired in. the fm transmitters put out the sound quality of an average to poor radio station which after awhile gets really old. if you are going to have this car for several years, it is well worth it to patch directly into your stereo to get the much higher quality sound, even if it means pulling out your existing stereo and replacing it completely.

make the investment and get it directly wired in. the fm transmitters put out the sound quality of an average to poor radio station which after awhile gets really old. if you are going to have this car for several years, it is well worth it to patch directly into your stereo to get the much higher quality sound, even if it means pulling out your existing stereo and replacing it completely.

This is the correct answer. We had the same problem with my wife's old car and sirius radio with fm transmitter.

FWI...my car pool guy has a monster kit he bought at Sams as well.

THanks guys!

The more I look into it I agree wired is the way to go.....and not that much more money. Circut City and Best Buy have some good deals, we may just have to listen to the radio/CD's for a week before we can get it....worth the wait.

THanks guys!

The more I look into it I agree wired is the way to go.....and not that much more money. Circut City and Best Buy have some good deals, we may just have to listen to the radio/CD's for a week before we can get it....worth the wait.

Forget spending alot of money on the Monster crapola (Monster is GOOD but very expensive)

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...mp;i=142FMMOD01

Thats all you need works like a charm. If the power source you find is picking up electric charges in the RCA, get this also

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...oop&tp=2653

This will work like a charm and you get the best possible quality out of the IPOD.