[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GPS systems

detlef

I recently bought the Garmin Nuvi 260. I really like it. It uses street names (i.e., instead of simply telling me to turn right in 50 feet, it tells me to turn right on elm street in 50 ft).

It's generally accurate and it has worked great. Depending on how long you can hold off, I can let you take a look at it at when I come through that first weekend in August.

I recently bought the Garmin Nuvi 260. I really like it. It uses street names (i.e., instead of simply telling me to turn right in 50 feet, it tells me to turn right on elm street in 50 ft).

It's generally accurate and it has worked great. Depending on how long you can hold off, I can let you take a look at it at when I come through that first weekend in August.

It sounds like the guy is on a budget, but this one can be had at still a relatively good price of $216

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16858108062

Here's CRs rankings on Garmins - I'm currently using the 760

Check CNET before buying into everything Consumer Reports tells you and they will even give you a video review of the product. By the way, I would class the 760 as "crazy expensive" so I don't know how telling him that helps the guy other than you have a much better GPS than he can afford.

Check CNET before buying into everything Consumer Reports tells you and they will even give you a video review of the product. By the way, I would class the 760 as "crazy expensive" so I don't know how telling him that helps the guy other than you have a much better GPS than he can afford.

I got it for $390. Doesn't seem too crazy expensive. :wacko:

She looked into the Garmins and ended up buying the 350 from Amazon for $199 with free shipping. It just happened that she'd gotten an Amazon gift card from her boss not long ago so it made sense to buy it from them.

She looked into the Garmins and ended up buying the 350 from Amazon for $199 with free shipping. It just happened that she'd gotten an Amazon gift card from her boss not long ago so it made sense to buy it from them.

The 350 is a great GPS. The only reason I really got the 760 was because the gal with the low cut blouse upsold me on it and I couldn't think straight because her boobies were hanging out.