[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ultimate Fighter finale

budlitebrad

Man, CB just can't avoid that armbar. I thought he would have taken it this time.

Silva-Irvin should be a good fight. Even though he's bumping up, it's hard to go against Silva. Irvin has some heavy hands and good wrestling skills, but I don't think it'll be enough.

The rest of the card seems kinda thrown together just to take buys away from Affliction, but free is free.

Man, CB just can't avoid that armbar. I thought he would have taken it this time.

Silva-Irvin should be a good fight. Even though he's bumping up, it's hard to go against Silva. Irvin has some heavy hands and good wrestling skills, but I don't think it'll be enough.

The rest of the card seems kinda thrown together just to take buys away from Affliction, but free is free.

CB is an open book now. As long as he has arms, he'll be a sub magnet...

As far as the Affliction card, last I heard, DirecTV was not offering it. If they do change, then I'll buy it. If Affliction can't get on with DTV they'll be dead in the water. It's going to be hard enough to stick around for 3-4 ppv's with all of the service providers carrying the fight...

I also think that Dana has put together a stout card for the 19th as well...

Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin

Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy

Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca

plus...

Jake O'Brien vs. Cain Velasquez

Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson

Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo

Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees

I think that's a decent PPV quality card... Better than 85 for sure... I'm just as excited to see Vera move down to 205 as I am in seeing Silva move up. Frankie Edgar and Franca will be a war, and will find it's way onto the best of 08 DVD.

I really hope DTV and Affliction get something worked out though. I want to watch Fedor live in America.

Pretty good card - so glad Amir took out CB, who came of as a doochbag on the show. Amir could turn into a solid fighter once he gets into this full time. Seems like he could drop a class and cut some weight- could be dangerous.

Pretty funny to see Riddle get the W, after talkiing trash with Dante in the show - he looked strong

The Sanchez fight was entertaining.....

Grove looked good as well-

Pretty good card - so glad Amir took out CB, who came of as a doochbag on the show. Amir could turn into a solid fighter once he gets into this full time. Seems like he could drop a class and cut some weight- could be dangerous.

Pretty funny to see Riddle get the W, after talkiing trash with Dante in the show - he looked strong

The Sanchez fight was entertaining.....

Grove looked good as well-

Amir is not as green as the UFC leads everyone to think... He's a black belt in Sambo and has a lot of fight experience, just not on the professional level. His standup is already strong, and his ground game has finished four fights so far. As long as he continues to grow as a fighter he has real potential to challenge for a title a few years down the road.

Riddle has a ton of talent and potential... Very strong, and young. He has some serious skill, and at the age of 22, he has plenty of time to grow. I never really thought anything he said in the TUF house was that offensive. He just seemed like a young guy talking.

Diego did look a lot stronger than in the past, and it will be entertaining to see where he goes next.

I wasn't impressed by Grove, as good old Evan Tanner isn't much more than a punching bag at this point, and Grove couldn't finish him. Then again, I can't stand Grove.

werd- Amir is gonna be good- he has good composure, attacks nicely, is strong on the ground and just a tough kid. CB just rubs me the wrong way, It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! is he thinking, with a clear tap and coming up like it was a BS call- just a doochbag.

RIddle- yeah- dude is strong - and is off to a nice start for being so young.

Funny how personal bias can change opinion- Grove doesn't bother me- and I thought he fought well, he should have KO'd Grizzly Adams, but fought well overall. With his length, those knees and elbows are dangerous.

Now Sanchez - I cannot stand the guy - but he looked good as well- you gotta strap it on to go at with him- nonstop action.

7/19 is gonna be an interesing night.......

Now Sanchez - I cannot stand the guy - but he looked good as well- you gotta strap it on to go at with him- nonstop action.

Yeah, I was surprised by his new look inside the cage, although I don't know exactly where he can go... He's firmly entrenched well behind the near unstoppable St. Pierre, Koscheck, especially with how his game has matured... This guy can now stand up really well, and I think Fitch takes him again...

I'd love to see another Kos/Sanchez fight... Kos is a douchbag for sure, but in a lovable way.

• 3 weeks later...
Faber was dominated by Tyson Griffin at 145... He's nowhere in that realm. Machida hasn't beaten elite competition. BJ Penn is about dead even with GSP. After the top four there is a hugh drop off.

bullchit -

Faber is a beast and is at the top of his game right now and is certainly in the discussion after the top 4.

bullchit -

Faber is a beast and is at the top of his game right now and is certainly in the discussion after the top 4.

So Tyson Griffin didn't absolutely destroy him? It was a TKO 5 seconds into the third round. Griffin had zero competition at 145 so he moved up to 155 and into the UFC. There isn't a lot of talent at 145 so in essence, Faber is a good fighter who looks dominant because he fights at an empty class. I can name plenty of fighters that are p4p ahead of Pulver.

So Tyson Griffin didn't absolutely destroy him? It was a TKO 5 seconds into the third round. Griffin had zero competition at 145 so he moved up to 155 and into the UFC. There isn't a lot of talent at 145 so in essence, Faber is a good fighter who looks dominant because he fights at an empty class. I can name plenty of fighters that are p4p ahead of Pulver.

yeah- I just think fighters all take a L - and he has looked impressive as hell since then. Maybe 145 is a bit weak, but the dude has just looked fit, poised and dominant, well-rounded.

I agree, Pulver is overrated at this point in his career, and Faber destroyed him without much trouble -

yeah- I just think fighters all take a L - and he has looked impressive as hell since then. Maybe 145 is a bit weak, but the dude has just looked fit, poised and dominant, well-rounded.

I agree, Pulver is overrated at this point in his career, and Faber destroyed him without much trouble -

I'm not saying that Pulver isn't a very good fighter, he just hasn't done enough in my mind to merit him being in the top 5-8 fighters in the world.