[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how to get your toast

tonorator

That's a marginally overrated scene in a hugely overrated movie.

I remember when I watched that flick thinking. Wow, what a great flick. A really smart dude from a wealthy family with no motivation or endearing qualities at all acts like a prick to everyone he knows and then hitchhikes to Alaska. Along the way, he's fortunate to have idiots lobbing him softballs like the "we don't serve toast" bit so he can say the sorts of things we'd all love to say if we ever actually came across such a situation. Which, of course, we don't because there's not somebody writing a script about our life.

That's a marginally overrated scene in a hugely overrated movie.

I remember when I watched that flick thinking. Wow, what a great flick. A really smart dude from a wealthy family with no motivation or endearing qualities at all acts like a prick to everyone he knows and then hitchhikes to Alaska. Along the way, he's fortunate to have idiots lobbing him softballs like the "we don't serve toast" bit so he can say the sorts of things we'd all love to say if we ever actually came across such a situation. Which, of course, we don't because there's not somebody writing a script about our life.

i take it from this that you don't allow substitutions from your menu.

:wacko: Actually, my point is that I've never encountered a diner that had bread and a toaster and did not specifically have a side of toast on the menu, let alone be prepared to make it for you for a cost.

Well, that's not entirely my point. My point goes more along the line of this. It's fun to mess with somebody when they're defending a completely indefensible stance, like in this case, the fact that a guy can't get a side of toast with his eggs. The thing is, in a movie, that's really only funny if you're thinking, "That happens to me all the time!" Problem is, it doesn't. So I can't help but think, "Tell me that this isn't the first time a dude walked into this random diner and wanted toast with his eggs."

Of course, that might have been the best scene in the movie which points to a much bigger problem.

Don't mess with detlef. He makes a mean bologna sammich after you win in Risk. He even put extra mayo on it for me.

At least I hope it was mayo. :wacko:

It's fun to mess with somebody when they're defending a completely indefensible stance, like in this case, the fact that a guy can't get a side of toast with his eggs. The thing is, in a movie, that's really only funny if you're thinking, "That happens to me all the time!" Problem is, it doesn't. So I can't help but think, "Tell me that this isn't the first time a dude walked into this random diner and wanted toast with his eggs."

makes me think of seinfeld at the rental car counter ...

Thanks for not letting me down. How could I participate in a thread involving toast without you going to that well, yet again.

Though, isn't referencing the same joke about a dude over and over if you're the one who made it up kind of like giving yourself a nickname? I mean, it just sort of lacks something.