[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

godtomsatan's movie of the week

godtomsatan

Watched this last night on DVD. Michael Gondry wrote and directed what can best be described as a modern fairy tale about a video store that rents only VHS and what happens when the nuisance friend of the clerk left in charge of the store gets magnatized by the power station he lives next door to. Hint: he erases all the tapes, which forces the duo to refilm the movies they erased in order to keep the loyal customers happy.

The plot is somewhat preposterous, sometimes plodding along, but the characters and story stay on key the whole time. Jack Black has not been better in a movie, and Mos Def is developing into a really solid performer. It wasn't perfect, but I had fun watching it and enjoyed the way things played out.

:wacko::D :D

Watched this last night on DVD. Michael Gondry wrote and directed what can best be described as a modern fairy tale about a video store that rents only VHS and what happens when the nuisance friend of the clerk left in charge of the store gets magnatized by the power station he lives next door to. Hint: he erases all the tapes, which forces the duo to refilm the movies they erased in order to keep the loyal customers happy.

The plot is somewhat preposterous, sometimes plodding along, but the characters and story stay on key the whole time. Jack Black has not been better in a movie, and Mos Def is developing into a really solid performer. It wasn't perfect, but I had fun watching it and enjoyed the way things played out.

:wacko::D:D

This is how I would rate Grandma's Boy (pleasantly surprised). So would you say better/worse than Grandma's Boy?

:wacko::D:D

Jack Black is a complete and utter tool. I go out of my way to avoid his movies. Same with Jim Carrey.

Jack Black is a complete and utter tool. I go out of my way to avoid his movies. Same with Jim Carrey.

I would agree that J.Black is annoying a lot of the time, but he's clever and funny in this one. And he's had a handful of decent movies: High Fidelity, School of Rock, Orange County, and the Tenacious D movie was frickin hysterical. And also, Tropical Thunder or whatever the new Ben Stiller movie is called that he's in with R.Downey looks like it might be kind of funny.

Jim Carrey, he hasn't done very well with his comedies for awhile, but Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber, and some parts of Ace Ventura are pretty dang funny.

I would agree that J.Black is annoying a lot of the time, but he's clever and funny in this one. And he's had a handful of decent movies: High Fidelity, School of Rock, Orange County, and the Tenacious D movie was frickin hysterical. And also, Tropical Thunder or whatever the new Ben Stiller movie is called that he's in with R.Downey looks like it might be kind of funny.

Jim Carrey, he hasn't done very well with his comedies for awhile, but Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber, and some parts of Ace Ventura are pretty dang funny.

The Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...