[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals do not want Henry back

The Irish Doggy

from bengals.com

Lewis rules out Henry

By GEOFF HOBSON

July 22, 2008

RSS

ShareThis

Updated: 7-22-08, 12:30 p.m.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday he's not interested in re-signing suspended wide receiver Chris Henry.

"It's not productive for our football team," Lewis said when he met the media before the annual training camp luncheon at Paul Brown Stadium. "You have to be a productive part to be a NFL player.There is a responsibility to be a NFL player. It's a privilege, not a right."

Bengals president Mike Brown, in his only scheduled media appearance of the season, said he hopes the club has turned the corner on the character issue.

"We don't want that kind of behavior. We're trying to be more concientous of guys we bring in," Brown said. "We're trying to go forward with guys who are relaible and guys who are not only good players, but good citizens."

Lewis revealed his training camp depth chart Tuesday with no jarring surprises that start with Stacy Andrews as the right tackle in front of four-time Pro Bowler Willie Anderson. That is expected to change if Anderson (knee) shows the same health during camp that he showed last month at the mandatory minicamp.

Also, as expected Dhani Jones becomes the sixth different training camp middle linebacker in Lewis' sixth season and is backed up by Corey Mays. Third-round pick Ahmad Brooks, making a position switch in his third season, backs up Rashad Jeanty at SAM backer. Arizona free agent Brandon Johnson backs up first-round pick Keith Rivers at WILL backer.

Veteran Dexter Jackson remains in front of second-year man Chinedum Ndukwe at strong safety while Marvin White takes over for the departed Madieu Williams at free. Despite the shuffling around the last day of minicamp, Dan Santucci and Kyle Cook are the backups to center Eric Ghiaciuc and there is no sign of right guard Bobbie Williams at that spot.

Kenny Watson backs up Rudi Johnson at running back with Chris Perry running third team.

Thanks, bud. Good info. :D

I can't imagine Jones will stick at MLB. I'm only curious who will finish the year at that position -- Rivers, Jones, Brooks, or somebody else. :wacko:

I can. :D

But seriously, why not Dhani? Sure hes not a big name, but hes got the size and smarts to succeed there.

I can. :wacko:

But seriously, why not Dhani? Sure hes not a big name, but hes got the size and smarts to succeed there.

I can't, but we'll see. I see him at Sam. He isn't very quick or instinctive.