[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick question on tipping....

rocknrobn26

You generally don't tip professionals. I mean, everyone likes cash so it's not an insult, or anything. But giving cash is a gesture without soul or meaning, other than the obvious economic gain.

Funny you mention this as bartenders in Britain feel much this way. Luckily my wife had been before I went this past Summer and warned me but giving cash to a bartender there is much the insult. Buying them a beer on the other hand is considered a very noble gesture.

Now, here in the good ole U S of A I think cash to the workers would be appreciated just fine though if you had planned ahead buying them a bottle of their favorite hooch would have been a much more sincere gesture.

I dont think cash or the thought out gift is bad as long as they know that you truly do appreciate the job they did. I think letting them know that as you give them the tip is more important than what you actually give. But then again, I try to tip anyone who deserves it. Hell, I even gave the guy who did my last tattoo a tip. I wasn't sure what the proper thing to do was, so I figured better safe than sorry. :wacko:

I dont think cash or the thought out gift is bad as long as they know that you truly do appreciate the job they did. I think letting them know that as you give them the tip is more important than what you actually give. But then again, I try to tip anyone who deserves it. Hell, I even gave the guy who did my last tattoo a tip. I wasn't sure what the proper thing to do was, so I figured better safe than sorry. :wacko:

Well I gave them the double saw buck each! The guy looked me in the eye, shook my hand, and said Thank You very much! No regrets on doing what I did.

Yo......I realize they are not serving me a dinner, but at least they got $20 to do what hey want.

Well I gave them the double saw buck each! The guy looked me in the eye, shook my hand, and said Thank You very much! No regrets on doing what I did.

Yo......I realize they are not serving me a dinner, but at least they got $20 to do what hey want.

:wacko: Nice gesture

You can't ever do too much good.