[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft position

BigTen

This year I am in the unique position to select what position I want in the draft since I have the #1 slot. What are you opinions on this years crop? I have been watching a lot of mocks and to tell yo the truth I seem to be more confused now. Our QB's get 5pts this year for a passing TD so that boost them up. Where do you see the best potential this year? I was leaning from 1-3 but now seem to think the middle of the draft may be better.

This year I am in the unique position to select what position I want in the draft since I have the #1 slot. What are you opinions on this years crop? I have been watching a lot of mocks and to tell yo the truth I seem to be more confused now. Our QB's get 5pts this year for a passing TD so that boost them up. Where do you see the best potential this year? I was leaning from 1-3 but now seem to think the middle of the draft may be better.

Go with the %'s , pick the #1 spot and insure yourself a free pass to the playoffs :wacko:

I think this may belong in the fantasy advice forum.

That said, I'd take the #1 slot and not look back.. If you aren't that high on LT or feel that either AP, LT, or Sjax will do you just fine, you could think about taking the 3 spot so you get your chance at the 2nd player before picks 1 and 2 do.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I think this may belong in the fantasy advice forum.

That said, I'd take the #1 slot and not look back.. If you aren't that high on LT or feel that either AP, LT, or Sjax will do you just fine, you could think about taking the 3 spot so you get your chance at the 2nd player before picks 1 and 2 do.

Yeah, you are probably right. F'n noobs :wacko:

I have never heard of anyone asking this question. I would not think twice about selecting the 1 slot, unless, you think Jackson will be better this year then go for 2

Well, with QB's getting 5 pts now I was wondering if taking a later pick may be a good idea or staying at the top would be the way to go. Hell, with Brady getting 5 pts his last season would have been a monster. Still, I think a top 3 RB is the way to go.

I don't care which position gets more points for doing whatever unless it's a kicker or a defense obviously...

it's all about where the dropoffs are at each position and QB has a few elite's, but the dropoff isn't severe...

..........and you backed up this statement in the Ladder opting out of #1 for the 4 spot..........very bold, imo.

Can anyone confirm this ?

I was just reading that 75% of all- WCOFF winners have drafted from the #1, #2, #3, or #4 .............that alone tells me you have to stay put.

Change is coming when statistics like that jump out at owners paying big money for leagues like that.

Edited by theeohiostate

Can anyone confirm this ?

I was just reading that 75% of all- WCOFF winners have drafted from the #1, #2, #3, or #4 .............that alone tells me you have to stay put.

Change is coming when statistics like that jump out at owners paying big money for leagues like that.

I do not have the stats for last season, but going into last season I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Why? In my opinion it is because not only are the elite RBs usually money, but the fact that when those 1-4 drafters get their next two picks they have the opportunity get solid stud receivers that have been passed over for mediocre running backs by those in lower draft positions. And in total points/PPR leagues that is a lethal combination.

I do not have the stats for last season, but going into last season I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Why? In my opinion it is because not only are the elite RBs usually money, but the fact that when those 1-4 drafters get their next two picks they have the opportunity get solid stud receivers that have been passed over for mediocre running backs by those in lower draft positions. And in total points/PPR leagues that is a lethal combination.

I saw this stat as implied since it's inception 75% of the winners have picked top 4

What makes sense from that point you brought up, is the 5-12 picks, need to load up on WR's and take away the top 3 QB's . This would allow for the top 3 drafters to have 2 great RB's , but very marginal WR's or QB's.

Edited by theeohiostate

I saw this stat as implied since it's inception 75% of the winners have picked top 4

What makes sense from that point you brought up, is the 5-12 picks, need to load up on WR's and take away the top 3 QB's . This would allow for the top 3 drafters to have 2 great RB's , but very marginal WR's or QB's.

That is exactly the strategy that will put an end to that trend, but the problem is that most FF players have been hard wired to load up on RBs at all costs.

That is exactly the strategy that will put an end to that trend, but the problem is that most FF players have been hard wired to load up on RBs at all costs.

I tried this last season, didn't work, took Steve Smith at 2.1 and Colston at 3.12 paired with Rudi Johnson at 1.12.

If i'd of only waited until 4.5 to take R.Moss :wacko:

My attempt at that strategy failed last season as well, but that was because I also picked the WRONG "stud" WR. Picking the right players is a must no matter what strategy you employ.

My attempt at that strategy failed last season as well, but that was because I also picked the WRONG "stud" WR. Picking the right players is a must no matter what strategy you employ.

that not what the LT owners have said the last 3 seasons.

LT + anyone is cake walk to the playoffs. Just be a marginal drafter and your good with the #1 pick

I personally would take the #2 spot and on taking Peterson unless you really love Tomlinson. The Pats are going to try and run the ball a bit more this year so I don't see a repeat performance for Brady.