[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hester Re-Ups

Pope Flick

Hester inks a 4 year extension with $15 mil guarnateed.

Interesting points:

If Hester develops into the No. 1 receiver he believes he can be, then he will be able to trigger up to $10 million in escalators in the final year of the deal, according to a league source.

Hester becomes the 10th Bears starter and fifth Pro Bowl player the Bears have signed to a contract extension this off-season. It is believed this new contract will make Hester the highest-paid return man in NFL history.

Hester is only the seventh player in NFL history to have his contract extended with two years left on his rookie deal.

A need signing. If they get any consistent play out of their O this year, they're more than respectable. :wacko:

Hester inks a 4 year extension with $15 mil guarnateed.

Interesting points:

A need signing. If they get any consistent play out of their O this year, they're more than respectable. :wacko:

Admittedly the guy has been unreal on returns, but he has a long way to go to be a tier 1-2 WR! $40 mil w/ $15 mil guaranteed??? Too much. :D

Admittedly the guy has been unreal on returns, but he has a long way to go to be a tier 1-2 WR! $40 mil w/ $15 mil guaranteed??? Too much. :wacko:

I disagree. We absolutely have to take the gamble that he can be at least a tier 2 WR and this contract gives him every incentive to try for that. The Bears are notorious skinflints and this is, quite frankly, refreshing.

I disagree. We absolutely have to take the gamble that he can be at least a tier 2 WR and this contract gives him every incentive to try for that. The Bears are notorious skinflints and this is, quite frankly, refreshing.

It certainly is! They locked up Urlacher, Briggs, Harris and now Hester. I..wouldn't have thought it would have been possible.

I think the $15mil is worth it - he puts their return team in a class by itself.

It seems like quite a bit of money for a guy that might not significantly contribute offensively, but this guy has single-handedly won the Bears football games, so I'm glad they brought him back. He's an electric player, and as sad as it may seem, improves what they have at wide receiver, so I can live with them spending some money on him.

From a Trib Bears blog-

Never underestimate the recuperative powers of a 40 million-dollar contract. :wacko: Devin Hester, after having passed his physical Saturday night, shows no signs of the hamstring problem he says kept him out of practice Friday and Saturday. The Bears are in full pads and Hester looks like, well, the highest-paid NFL return man ever.

From a Trib Bears blog-

Never underestimate the recuperative powers of a 40 million-dollar contract. :wacko: Devin Hester, after having passed his physical Saturday night, shows no signs of the hamstring problem he says kept him out of practice Friday and Saturday. The Bears are in full pads and Hester looks like, well, the highest-paid NFL return man ever.

If things are straight in your own house - and they are NOT - then you ought not to stick your head in here and laugh, unless you'd like the same in return.