[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am having a problem with Netflix and S-Video

Duchess Jack

Netflix says that somehow I need to have my video go to a monitor and than flip it to my TV. They say that its a licensing issue.

I found a fix that says to just uninstall my nvidia drivers and that'll take care of it but I don't want to do that.

Has anybody had this problem and found a way around it?

also... while I am at it... the computer doesn't seem to give 100% with the TV. The Graphics on games are pretty good but text looks weird and I have to scroll across a lot of webpages that I can see in full wth a monitor. The TV is 42 inches and I think it is wider (relatively) than my monitor, so it does not make sense to me that it would not be able to fit the width of somethings

to my television, a sony wega through S video (nvidia GeForce 8600 GT). netfilx allows you to watch movies online and they say it will not work with s-video.

I am kicking around seeing if switching to firefox would make a difference.

edited to add: nope. I just downloaded it and installed it and the netflix movies don't work with firefox.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Well, S-video is a standard def TV signal... so your max resolution is around 640x480. that would explain why small fonts are fuzzy.

Does your tv have a VGA or DVI input? I'm assuming its hugh-def...

I just realized I mistyped "high-def", but I'm leaving it that way and will hereafter call it "hugh-def".

"The PC input (HD-15-pin) offers easy connection to your PC, so you can use your Grand WEGA TV as a computer monitor."

Booya.I hooked a Mac Mini up to my hugh-def TV a few weeks ago so I could watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on the big screen. If I was into bit-torrent, I bet I could get some kick ass movies too... but I've never bothered to figure that stuff out.

"The PC input (HD-15-pin) offers easy connection to your PC, so you can use your Grand WEGA TV as a computer monitor."

Booya.I hooked a Mac Mini up to my hugh-def TV a few weeks ago so I could watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on the big screen. If I was into bit-torrent, I bet I could get some kick ass movies too... but I've never bothered to figure that stuff out.

Sweet. Thanks brother. Its off to Radio Shack for me tomorrow.

I just found this....

If you are connecting equipment with DVI connector with this TV, you will need to use an adapter (no supplied). When you use the adaptor, you will also need to use seperate audio cables for sound as DVI connector is for video signals only.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyl.../KDF46E2000.pdf

and here I was kicking around getting a 360. All my DVI ports are being used (Cable Box and DVD player). Are there DVI spillers like the old RCA and Coax splitters?

I just found this....

If you are connecting equipment with DVI connector with this TV, you will need to use an adapter (no supplied). When you use the adaptor, you will also need to use seperate audio cables for sound as DVI connector is for video signals only.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyl.../KDF46E2000.pdf

and here I was kicking around getting a 360. All my DVI ports are being used (Cable Box and DVD player). Are there DVI spillers like the old RCA and Coax splitters?

DVI is on the left. VGA is on the right. VGA only carries a video signal. I usually play the sound through the computer or run a cord to my receiver.

You also have component inputs that are red, green, and blue. They're also high def. That will work fine for the xbox.

You also have an HDMI input. Any new XBOX will have this. It's the best for video and sound. Don't overspend on an HDMI cord.

DVI is on the left. VGA is on the right. VGA only carries a video signal. I usually play the sound through the computer or run a cord to my receiver.

You also have component inputs that are red, green, and blue. They're also high def. That will work fine for the xbox.

You also have an HDMI input. Any new XBOX will have this. It's the best for video and sound. Don't overspend on an HDMI cord.

Thanks Egret. Now... from what I can tell from my owners manual... and my search of my TV... it doesn't look like I have the DVI slot. Am I correct in thinking that I would need a DVI to HDMI converter?

Thanks Egret. Now... from what I can tell from my owners manual... and my search of my TV... it doesn't look like I have the DVI slot. Am I correct in thinking that I would need a DVI to HDMI converter?

I just run a VGA cable from my laptop to my tv.

What kind out output do you have on your computer? If it's DVI, which one does it look like? I have an extra DVI to HDMI cable that I can send you. It came extra with one of my components, and I've never needed it.