[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure where this thread belongs...

DemonKnight

Feel free to delete this thread. But no ones mentioned the bad press Brett Favre has gotten becaues hes white. I have watched 1st and 10 twice this week, twice the "pther guy" has been a black dude (Screamin A. Smith and some journalist) and twice Favre's race has been mentioned as a reason for his media coverage, and the media giving some sort of pass, and the commentary was generally delivered agressively. And its cool?

Edited by DemonKnight

Dont get me wrong, I hate Skip Bayless immensely' He capitulates to the perception completely, almost apoligizing for the media for giving Favre a pass cause he's the Marlboro Man, the quintessential media image and is being overly lauded given his past and waffling and selfishness.

I think it is misleading and disingenuous at the least to consider this something racist. The only thing that is there is what you are looking for.

Favre caused this furor for three very good reasons - he is the all-time record holder of every appreciable passing record, he has been a "character" during his career playing with wild abandon (good and bad) and mostly this is happening when there wasn't squat going on. Now that training camps are open and going on there is thankfully news but in the offseason there was nothing for the media to latch on to like the Vick story last year or the Owens story in 2005, etc..

This is no different than when Emmitt went to the Cardinals except some expect Favre to have more in the tank than Emmitt did.

I think it is misleading and disingenuous at the least to consider this something racist. The only thing that is there is what you are looking for.

Favre caused this furor for three very good reasons - he is the all-time record holder of every appreciable passing record, he has been a "character" during his career playing with wild abandon (good and bad) and mostly this is happening when there wasn't squat going on. Now that training camps are open and going on there is thankfully news but in the offseason there was nothing for the media to latch on to like the Vick story last year or the Owens story in 2005, etc..

This is no different than when Emmitt went to the Cardinals except some expect Favre to have more in the tank than Emmitt did.

I guess that about sums it up...+1

Its not like I'm making this up or reading anything into someones words. This guy just came right out and said this stuff. Anrd just listen to the contempt dripping from Screamin as he talks about Favre. :wacko: I cant find the actuall video that I'm talking about, unfortunately.

Its not like I'm making this up or reading anything into someones words. This guy just came right out and said this stuff. Anrd just listen to the contempt dripping from Screamin as he talks about Favre. :wacko: I cant find the actuall video that I'm talking about, unfortunately.

I really didn't see anything wrong with what he said in that video. I think a lot of people feel that way. I like Favre, but I couldn't disagree with a thing that Screamin said, or the way he said it.

Edited by Ralph Furley

Sorry, I gave up on the first link after a few minutes because I couldn't take the picture or that guy's voice. Did he get around to Favre? It seemed like he was talking about some old stuff.

As for Stephen A Smith. I agree 100% with what he said and can completely understand why he was as worked up as he sounded. Everything he said is true, GB owed this guy one thing and one thing only, money. That's it. We went through this over and over in the Favre thread but everyone who thought he was getting jocked quite simply have a man crush on him. End of story.

Does that mean I hate white people?

Now, apparently there's some clips where these guys imply that a black guy would get trashed for doing this. You know, it's not a huge stretch. There's been no shortage of times when a player under contract has tried to force a team's hand in something and the public outcry is, "You're under contract! Shut up and play!" Now, maybe it's just a coincidence because the majority of NFL players are black. If you ask me, I'm not going to make the connection that these guys are apparently making. However, I don't find it completely outlandish.