[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomlinson has Injured Groin

McBoog

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/weblog/archives/026255.html' rel="external nofollow">

Tomlinson has injured groin

Not really. He's totally healthy.

But that's what the Chargers are saying is the reason LT won't play in tomorrow's preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys. Technically, only injured players are allowed to not dress for preseason games. (It has a little something to do with the NFL charging y'all regular-season prices to see an exhibition.)

Here are the players that will not suit up tomorrow and the reasons the Chargers give:

DE Luis Castillo (back); TE Antonio Gates (toe); C Nick Hardwick (foot); WR Vincent Jackson (hamstring); OT Marcus McNeill (neck); WR Legedu Naanee (groin); FB Andrew Pinnock (knee); WR Billy Pittman (hamstring); and RB LaDainian Tomlinson (groin).

:wacko:

This has been going on for years. I'm surprised the NFL hasn't done something to address this. But hey, whatever works I guess huh?

It's preseason. I don't see anything wrong with not risking injury to key players over a "meaningless" game. And I also don't think it's necessary for the NFL to make them jump through hoops with an injury report to keep them off the field. Just declare who won't be playing and leave it at that. :wacko:

Having said that....every year, I think you'll find SOME players that don't benefit from sitting out those games. Especially RBs. It takes them a few regular season games to get going for the year. It's a fine line.....risking injury vs starting the year 0-2.....LOL.

The injury report on LT is obviously a lie.

After the way the Chargers handled injury reports last year I will never believe the accuracy of any injury statement generated by them ever again. Period.