[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer people !

Cunning Runt

I'm experiencing an interesting glitch on one of my laptops.

Here's what's happening. This just started Saturday and only on this one machine. We have 3 other machines at home and no problems.

The internet opens fine. And almost all web searches and what-not are ok, but when I go to Yahoo Mail only on this one machine, it searched, and then before it opens, a message comes up that says an error occurred, sorry for the inconvenience, but Internet Explorer has to close and it proceeds to do so.

The Huddle site has experienced the same result a couple times except here the site opens fine, but I'll click open a forum thread and it'll be fine for a little bit, but then the same error message.

Any ideas?

Not a big windoze guy, but the first thing I would do is clear the cache, cookies, history, etc., etc.

Get rid of all the stored data and start IE fresh.

Ha - Went to dick cleanup to clear the cache and got this:

Sorry for the inconvenience, but Disk Cleanup Manager encountered an error and has to close.

Deleted the cookies, but went I tried to delete files under the internet tools bar, got an error message there too. Maybe I'll try safe mode and see what that gets me.

Edited by Cunning Runt

:wacko:

That was funny!

Did you try to upgrade or re-install youe web browser? Sounds like a virus of some sort, run virus scanner or any cleanup utility in Safe mode.

Ha - that it is kinda funny.

A freudian slip most likely since I feel like a dick when trying to figure out computers - that and the "s" is kinda close to the "c" on the keyboard and typing is not my strong suit. Trying system restore as we speak. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Yeah, I'd actually go as far as recommending a complete install from scratch. Doesn't take that long and the system will run better.

The problem with doing that is that it's a corporately owned machine and they have many of these types of abilities locked down.

Did you install any updated software for your browser lately (flash, java, ect.)? If it happens randomly and on only a few sites, it could be a plugin that's crashing your browser. Try installing Firefox and see if you get the same result. Don't restore your machine yet.

Did you install any updated software for your browser lately (flash, java, ect.)? If it happens randomly and on only a few sites, it could be a plugin that's crashing your browser. Try installing Firefox and see if you get the same result. Don't restore your machine yet.

Thanks Biggie !!

I downloaded firefox and things worked.

Sweet.

So get corporate IT to fix the thing. The problem should manifest itself wherever you are.

Corporate IT is in Virginia. I'm in Indiana. Sending the machine in would take a week or more which is a big problem for what I do.

That and I don't want my corporate IT people to have any idea what the hell I'm doing on this thing. :wacko:

ETA : not to mention the Firefox install seems to have fixed whatever problem Explorer was having.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Corporate IT is in Virginia. I'm in Indiana. Sending the machine in would take a week or more which is a big problem for what I do.

That and I don't want my corporate IT people to have any idea what the hell I'm doing on this thing. :wacko:

ETA : not to mention the Firefox install seems to have fixed whatever problem Explorer was having.

Corporate IT can't see the machine at all? :D

OK, well anyway, glad it's fixed for now.