[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The latest Chad Johnson (er... Chad Ocho Cinco) move...

MTSuper7

No, we don't.

Johnson makes the game less enjoyable to watch for some of us. He influences the behavior of some impressionable young football players with his assinine juvenile antics.

More people need to speak out against the moran and demand he be disciplined. Incrementally greater fines for each act of stupidity would work for me. Hit him where it matters to him - his wallet.

Fine, don't relax, but I'm sure your blood pressure doesn't need to be any higher than it already is. If you hate the guy, just turn the channel when he's on.

How many kids are really being influenced by Chad Johnson? Really... All the little kids that emulate football players emulate Manning, Brady, Moss, Peterson and LT. Even if they're emulating him, what has he done that's remotely illegal? I like you and what you have to say the majority of the time, but your opinion on this is a bit out there when you're saying he should be fined... For what? Because he wants to change his name? There are a lot of thugs, and players that have tested positive for drugs and you think everyone should band together and demand he be disciplined for doing something that isn't breaking any rules? There are a ton of people that disagree with me on a regular basis, they're wrong, but they shouldn't be fined for it. I guess I just fail to see why Johnson needs to be fined.

Edited by piratesownninjas

He used to be kind of innocently entertaining. Now he's just plain goofy. Everything he does smacks of desparation... I know nothing about the guy personally, but I would bet money that there is a father-figure somewhere in his past that he feels like he needs to prove himself to. My 4 year old constantly wants my attention and approval. Bronco Billy reminds me of a 4 year old.

Fixed

I was going to draw a Rodman parallel also, but Johnson's antics are much more good natured than Rodman's. I don't think it's quite fair. I'd put him closer to a Harlem Globetrotter. In all his years, he has been an outstanding player who kept out of trouble other than being fined for silly shenanigans.

He likes to talk. He likes to celebrate. He likes attention. So what? He hasn't lashed out at anyone or been demeaning in any way. Just about everything he does and says is with his tongue planted firmly in cheek, which is refreshing. As someone who struggles every day to not take life too seriously, I think this guy has more to offer as a role model than he is given credit for.

With all of the nonsense that comes out of Cincinnati, I don't think you can give CJ a hard time. How many charges have been filed against Bengal players in the last few years? Some people think of him as a miscreant, yet he is never involved in any of the truly shameful things that come out of that organization. The only people he's causing any discomfort is his current team, and with all of the nonsense that happens there, how can you truly blame the guy? I'd want out of there too.

If you start to get worked up about Chad Johnson at any point, please go here and then take another look at him. He's not a bad guy, just a strong personality.