[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm shocked

dmarc117

I'm shocked anyone trusts anything the Government says as factual and not just trying to further their own political cause. Your Government, whether it be Democrat or Republican, is a bunch of lying idiot fools that no longer makes decisions based on what is best for the country, but what is best for their own individual gains.

I'm shocked anyone trusts anything the Government says as factual and not just trying to further their own political cause. Your Government, whether it be Democrat or Republican, is a bunch of lying idiot fools that no longer makes decisions based on what is best for the country, but what is best for their own individual gains.

its a job, its business, its about ego and money. nothing less, nothing more.

Careful or ursa will accuse you of wearing the same tinfoil hat I wear.

Oh my goodness, I agree with TimC :wacko:

Careful or ursa will accuse you of wearing the same tinfoil hat I wear.

That was a statement made by you, not me.

Originally I pointed out that the local government in the article about the supposedly restrictive lake swimming rules was simply protecting itself (and, by extension, it's own taxpaying base) against an increasingly litigious populace who would, absent posted rules, sue for their own stupidity such as swimming well beyond their capacity to return to land.

It is fair to say therefore that perhaps in that case it was not people that needed protecting from the government but vice versa.

This isn't difficult to understand.

That was a statement made by you, not me.

Originally I pointed out that the local government in the article about the supposedly restrictive lake swimming rules was simply protecting itself (and, by extension, it's own taxpaying base) against an increasingly litigious populace who would, absent posted rules, sue for their own stupidity such as swimming well beyond their capacity to return to land.

It is fair to say therefore that perhaps in that case it was not people that needed protecting from the government but vice versa.

This isn't difficult to understand.

the government should not be in the busines of protecting people from themselves. That's a no win proposition. Which BTW, I feel is the single most aggredious failure in our system of law. The day that individuals were no longer responsible for their own behavior is the day it all started coming apart.

the government should not be in the busines of protecting people from themselves. That's a no win proposition. Which BTW, I feel is the single most aggredious failure in our system of law. The day that individuals were no longer responsible for their own behavior is the day it all started coming apart.

Be that as it may, in the lake swimming case, it was apparent that the authority concerned put "oppressive" rules in place to protect it's own taxpayer base. Absent a Federal system that eliminates the possibility of gaining through stupidity, I'd rather my property taxes were put toward posting restrictive rules than compensating some idiot.