[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you do this trade?

kgreezy

Hey y'all....personally I don't really like this trade for me.,......but I'm in dire needs of a WR.........

Scoring System in League:

1 point for every 25 PaYds

1 point for every 10 ReYds

1 point for every 10 RuYds

And the line-up is:

1 QB (My QB's are Big Ben and Trent Edwards)

2 RB (Addai, Thomas Jones, Laurence Malroney)

3 WR (Really weak here.... Wes Welker,Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn JR, DJ Hackett, Robert Meachem -- a lot of potential sleepers but no surefire talent besides Welker)

TE (Jason Witten)

K (Rob Bironas)

DEF (Chicago Bears)

So the trade proposal I am pondering (and only considering because I need WR's):

Trade Out

Joseph Addai RB

Thomas Jones RB

Trade In

Willie Parker RB

Ronnie Brown RB

Larry Fitzgerald WR

I'm not completely sold on Addai having as good a fantasy year as last season especially when considering there difficult schedule....but I think Thomas Jones is a real dark horse with the improved Jets O-line and Brett Favre.

My WR's are all a bunch of sleeper picks....and adding a sure thing in Larry Fitzgerald and pairing hime with Wes Welker and Witten as my TE gives me 3 good receiving options...but I lose out on Addai....and have to settle on a backfield of Willie Parker (who scores no TD's) and Malroney who was disappointing last year....and ROnnie Brown (who's coming off a torn ACL but was absolutely killing it before his injury last year).

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Thanks for any input

Hey y'all....personally I don't really like this trade for me.,......but I'm in dire needs of a WR.........

And the line-up is:

3 WR (Really weak here.... Wes Welker,Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn JR, DJ Hackett, Robert Meachem -- a lot of potential sleepers but no surefire talent besides Welker)

TE (Jason Witten)

K (Rob Bironas)

DEF (Chicago Bears)

So the trade proposal I am pondering (and only considering because I need WR's):

Trade Out

Joseph Addai RB

Thomas Jones RB

Trade In

Willie Parker RB

Ronnie Brown RB

Larry Fitzgerald WR

I'm not completely sold on Addai having as good a fantasy year as last season especially when considering there difficult schedule....but I think Thomas Jones is a real dark horse with the improved Jets O-line and Brett Favre.

My WR's are all a bunch of sleeper picks....and adding a sure thing in Larry Fitzgerald and pairing hime with Wes Welker and Witten as my TE gives me 3 good receiving options...but I lose out on Addai....and have to settle on a backfield of Willie Parker (who scores no TD's) and Malroney who was disappointing last year....and ROnnie Brown (who's coming off a torn ACL but was absolutely killing it before his injury last year).

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Thanks for any input

I don't see any point to the trade -- it fixes your WRs but decimates your RBs. You'll basically end up in the same place as where you are now, i.e., with a problem at one position. If you can't wait for those WRs to come good, maybe you can use Witten+Maroney/WR and get a lesser TE+stud WR?

Another vote for sticking with what you have. No need to panic before the season starts. Wait a few weeks and see who emerges on the waiver wire. If you still are sruggling by week 3-4, then start inquiring about other players via trade unless someone offers YOU a deal that's too good to pass up before then.

Edited by Shorttynaz

And the line-up is:

TE (Jason Witten)

K (Rob Bironas)

DEF (Chicago Bears)

Trade Out

Joseph Addai RB

Thomas Jones RB

Trade In

Willie Parker RB

Ronnie Brown RB

Larry Fitzgerald WR

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Thanks for any input

You can't be serious...In a PPR league Welker is a good WR2...package Witten with TJones/Maroney and one of your non-Welker receivers to trade someone with WR depth in need of a #1 TE.

How about these proposals

Trade Out

J.Addai

Roethlisberger

Sidney Rice

Trade In

Reggie Wayne

Maurice Jones-Drew

Donovan McNabb

OR

Trade Out

Addai

Sidney RIce

Trent Edwards

Maroney

Trade In

Terrell Owens

Darren McFadden

Reggie Bush

Jason Campbell

Edited by kgreezy

• 2 weeks later...

Lol.....everyone seems to be me against trading Addai...but I really think he may have an off year this year especially with Jeff Saturday out and the difficult Colts schedule....

How's this potential trade:

Trade Out

Addai

Wes Welker (don't see him having the year he did last year with Brady out)

Sidney Rice

Trade In

Maurice Jones-Drew (i know the Jags OL looked bad in week 1 but he may still have a comparable season to Addai (-20points) fantasy wise)

Reggie Wayne

Calvin Johnson

Felix Jones

I think this will balance out my roster

QB: Big Ben

RB: MJD, Thomas Jones (I like him this year), Maroney, Felix Jones

WR: Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn, Robert Meachem

TE: Jason Witten

DEF: Bears

Let me know what you guys think.

THANKS

I think it's about an even trade now. You have to go with your gut at this point. I say go for it because I'm not sure Rice is going to be the same as he was this week all season. I have my doubts. And even if Tom Brady were around R. Wayne > W. Welker. If you feel like you can afford to lose Joe, do it.

Please see my poll.