[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reminder to all Huddlers with small kids...

Puddy

I am not posting this to bring more bad news but as a reminder to everyone to lock your doors. Kids are curious and adventurous.This happens every year somewhere. It doesn't even have to be hot outside (it was 75 degrees).

3-Year-Old Twins Left In Hot Car Die

Girl, Boy Left In Car For Two Hours

POSTED: 11:47 am EDT August 25, 2008

UPDATED: 12:11 pm EDT August 25, 2008

TOPEKA, Kan. -- Investigators said twin 3-year-olds died after being left inside a car in northeastern Kansas for more than two hours.

The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that the twins were found in the car parked in their driveway two hours after being reported missing near Topeka.

A girl in the back seat of the unlocked car was pronounced dead at the scene. A boy in the front seat died at a hospital.

The temperature was about 75 degrees, but authorities said it could have been 30 degrees hotter inside the car with the windows rolled up.

Detectives have been questioning the mother.

The article states that they were LEFT in the car not how you describe it.

Hmm....it does appear to be the case. But if it was in the driveway of their home, the kids can also get in the cars pretty easily, so my point stands. :wacko:

Edited by Puddy

I heard about this on the local news, its just so sad whenever I hear about these stories, it just makes me wonder how these things can happen. You'd bet if my kids got out of my sight and I was unable to locate them I would check everywhere, including the cars....everywhere!

Yeah I thought that was weird too. Also seems odd for a car to heat up that quickly and be that hot long enough (2 hrs or less) to die of it.....

Either way I'm so sick of these kids dying in car stories - hello morons KNOW WHERE YOUR KIDS ARE AT ALL FREAKIN TIMES, if you have really young kids. How stupid can you get??