[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

goalie merry-go-round

Guest Azazello13

Guest Azazello13

it would appear unlikely that richter will be back with the rangers, cujo back with the leafs, hasek back with the wings, belfour back with the stars, or possibly dafoe back with the bruins.

looks like a possible bidding war between the rangers and wings for cujo, which would be kind of appropo. who knows where richter ends up...are the blues happy with johnson? i can't wait to see what team gets desperate and tries its luck with that headcase belfour.

1. Blues can't be happy with Johnson as their keeper for a Cup run. back up at best on a really good team. improving, but not yet there. think back to some of his decisions in the Wings domination of the Blues in round 2 this year.

2. I PRAY to God that Belfour doesn't end up wearing a Winged Wheel. That head case was in San Jose for about 20 games 5 or 6 years ago. He is yesterday's news. interesting note on him going to Philly. He may do well for a year or so in the East's style of play.

3. Ditto Richter. I've never seen the allure to this guy & his cup is about a decade in the rear view mirror.

4. DaFoe is not a clutch goalie and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bruins go for a new stopper.

I guess this comes back to a hope that Hasek plays one more year (as of this posting, I have not heard if he made a decision to stay or leave) or Cujo comes to the Wings. I've always liked him.

I think the most likely (and lame) scenario is CuJo coming here . . . IMHO, they should have just held on to Osgood if the end result of all this is that we have CuJo in net.

Now, I very much do not want Belfour in a Wings uniform. He was Mr. Blackhawk back in the days when both Chicago and Detroit were pretty good but not great, and he was a hated rival. He then went to the Stars, and the Wings and Stars have been known to bump heads, too. So now that he's completely washed up, and double-branded an anti-Wing, he's coming here?

Well . . . I think that it just might be the smart move to make. He could play the same role that Vernon, Ranford, and Essensa all played for the Wings (with varying degress of success), the "playoff insurance goalie". The recipe is simple, split the PT nearly 50/50 with the solid but unspectacular veteran and the inconsistent youngster with talent. Give the starting nod to whoever is hotter, and then by the end of the season, if it looks like niether is ahead of the other, give the playoff starts to the one who's been there.

My hope in that situation would be that Legace steps up and claims the starter's job, and Belfour disappears into the record books. But heck, if the old man can still play, then I guess why not for us . . . ?

Peace

policy

Guest Azazello13
redwings.cup:

OK, i'm back and paid to date. Hasek's wife says he is as good as gone.  don't know why the Wings don't just admit it and use his money to go get CUJO.

holland has been pretty pathetic about the whole thing. like hasek keeps telling him "no", and holland keeps saying "well don't decide yet...think about it some more, sleep on it one more time". deal with reality, dude...you're going to have to go out and buy a new goalie. you get to bid against the deep-pockets rangers and leafs for cujo, or to pull in a worn out headcase scumbag like belfour.

the thought of belfour as a wing is almost too precious for me as a wing-hater. there's not a player in sports i despise more than eddie. A) the guy STOLE two conference finals series from the avs with the stars, and :D he is the biggest alcoholic team-cancer self-absorbed a$$hole in the NHL. remember the time he got arrested (for some kind of drunken stupidity, i don't recall the specific charge) and he tried to bribe the cop by telling him he'd give him a billion dollars? lol what a f'n tool. strikes me as the PERFECT candidate to be the wings new rent-a-goalie.

I really think the Rangers are going to try to outspend the Wings for Cujo. They are desperate to put out a winning team. They had a crappy record last year, and they were still trying to get good players at the trade deadline. They know if they are going to win with their lineup they need to win now.

Congrats to Dom on a great career. I hope Manny picked up a thing or two. I don't like the idea of Psycho Eddie wearing the "Winged Wheel".

Azazello13:
Belfore is the biggest "self-absorbed a$$hole in the NHL. remember the time he got arrested (for some kind of drunken stupidity, i don't recall the specific charge) and he tried to bribe the cop by telling him he'd give him a billion dollars? lol what a f'n tool. strikes me as the PERFECT candidate to be the wings new rent-a-goalie".
i agree with everything you say excepting for the "perfect candidate to be a Wings goalie". Wonder if we can lure Osgood back? I can't stand Belfour, and he is even more objectionable now that he is over the hill. I, too, recall when he was cuffing his wife around, or something like that, and offered a cop a billion dollars. hilarious at the time and funny now. lol

Guest Azazello13
redwings.cup:

I, too, recall when he was cuffing his wife around, or something like that, and offered a cop a billion dollars. hilarious at the time and funny now.  lol 

the best part of that whole charade was some of the signs fans in opposing buildings were holding up right after that happened. one of them had eddie posing as dr. evil (from austin powers) with the pinky-on-the-corner-of-the-mouth gesture. one BILLION dollars. f'n classic. lol