[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Digital camera purchase

BeeR

Canon powershot died after a whopping 3-4 yrs :wacko: Too bad because I really liked it otherwise.

Looking for not low end, but not more than about mid-range at most - only real "must" is like my old Canon, the "movie" option has to also have sound. Any info/experiences appreciated

Bought two of these last month.

Kodak EasyShare M763 Digital Camera - Red $119.00

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....&pCatg=5753

can add a three year warrenty for 15 bucks.

If you dont have a Sams you can get it at Walmart.

This is what I like about camera

SD/SDHC card slot -with a 4 gb card you can get 80 minutes of video.

Li-Ion rechargeable battery and charger

dont have to mess with double A batteries.

and it takes good pictures

Edited by moneymakers

XD card cost more and maxes out at 2 GB

Yeah, and it's drop proof from 5' and waterproof to 30'.

The XD card is also tiny. Carrying a spare is not a hassle if you for some reason need more than 2G on a point and shoot....

Give me bulletproof. This thing's a tank and it takes great pictures. I have one and love it.

Yeah, and it's drop proof from 5' and waterproof to 30'.

The XD card is also tiny. Carrying a spare is not a hassle if you for some reason need more than 2G on a point and shoot....

Give me bulletproof. This thing's a tank and it takes great pictures. I have one and love it.

For point and shoots, w/ long zooms, features, and excellent optics, Olympus is the way to go. They have a very broad price and feature range. Over the years, I have owned 4 and have never been disappointed.

For DSLR's Canon and Nikon w/ Olympus and Lumix a distant 3rd/4th

First set your budget and allow at least $75 for accessories.

Handle the camera. Go thru the menus to see how intuitive they are.

Old timer talking but I would never consider any camera w/o a view finder. Hard to find on low ends, but LCDs are hard to accurately frame a shot and w/ back sunlight are difficult to see.

Try to get 14 day return policy, and snap your brains out during that time under all conditions.

Thx all. Again sound on the movie feature is a must, so if any of these don't, they're out. Hopefully that doesn't lead me right back to Canon...

I'd also slightly prefer one that uses CF memory as my old one has 1GB card I could use - but memory appears cheap enough I don't think it'd be a big thing either way, and new cameras that use it appear to be pretty slim based on research so far.