[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Berrian

Swashbucklers

From the Strib for Saturdays practice:

Receiver Bernard Berrian, who is questionable with a knee injury sustained in practice earlier this week, practiced during the brief portion that was open to the media. It was a light practice without pads, so it’s hard to read anything into it. Berrian did say afterwards that he’s “optimistic” he will play.

Secret Squirrel said, "they're gimpy," in reference to the status of Berrian and E.J. He also said, "48 hours is a lot of time." Typical Childress.

I say you gotta bench him, for one it's monday, who else could you roll if he's out? Moore and Meachem possibly but I'd start them over Berrian in the first place. This being a knee injury I just can't see him being that spectacular.

Any news today?

Edit: This is the latest I've read.

(Rotoworld) Bernard Berrian (questionable, foot) "should play" on Monday Night Football against the Saints, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Analysis: A late addition to the injury report, Berrian was hobbled in late-week practice and may not be at full speed if he goes. The Saints are susceptible to deep threats like Berrian, but Sidney Rice is a better bet to pace Minnesota in receiving. Rice is also questionable, but is fully expected to play.

Edited by myhousekey

(Rotoworld) Bernard Berrian (foot) is active against the Saints Monday night.

Analysis: He's a virtual shoe-in to lead Minnesota in receiving with Sidney Rice out of the lineup. Assuming Berrian is at near full speed, he could pose matchup problems for a Saints secondary that struggles stopping the long ball.

Just think what this guy might do when he starts running the right routes! All and all can't complain about his fantasy performance from last night though.

Berrian's 33-yard touchdown catch came on third-and-16. Berrian and Aundrae Allison both ran routes to the middle of the field, and they actually collided as Berrian caught the ball at the goal line.

Berrian said he was supposed to run a post-corner route but made an adjustment once he saw the ball in the air.

"I ran the wrong route," Berrian said. "Gus was throwing it to Aundrae. I saw the ball and it was just determination to go get that ball. I wasn't letting that ball fall."

Edited by myhousekey