[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dow +800

dmarc117

cnbc saying alot of hedge funds having to liquidate

Lots of redemptions (hedge funds and mutual funds).

Some investors are simply going to cash and will wait for a "more normal environment" before trading. This is probably short-hand for being able to trade their stat-arb (and other arb) strategies (most all of which require a short position to go with a long position). Given the proclivity of regulators to ban short-selling (sorta) out of left field, when short-selling is off the table, it doesn't make sense to take the long side of the trade if you can't hedge it with a short.

I was over at a friends house on Saturday that owns a financial advise/planning firm and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up today because he predicted that this would happen. He also told me that he hopes he's dead wrong on his other prediction after this week. He was tossing around 7200 and I wasn't liking that one bit.

2 days left. :wacko:

• 1 month later...
I was over at a friends house on Saturday that owns a financial advise/planning firm and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up today because he predicted that this would happen. He also told me that he hopes he's dead wrong on his other prediction after this week. He was tossing around 7200 and I wasn't liking that one bit.

So he may have been a little aggressive on his dates. :wacko:

I'll call him tonight and see what he's thinking now.