[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forecasts about the economy

wiegie

Deflationary pressures are near-term.

Inflationary pressures are further out down the road (and are significant).

[ominous music]I'm beginning to have the view that we will be in a mildly deflationary environment for a period (maybe as long as 2-5 years), and then inflation wil flip on like a light switch, and in the span of a couple of weeks / months, everything will change. [/ominous music]

Agreed.

Teetering markets will not be kept afloat for a whole lot longer - too many balls in the air.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ominous music]I'm beginning to have the view that we will be in a mildly deflationary environment for a period (maybe as long as 2-5 years), and then inflation wil flip on like a light switch, and in the span of a couple of weeks / months, everything will change. [/ominous music]

Hmmm, I've been saying this for a year.

I think the plan is to avoid the deflationary depression and to bring on lots of inflation.....then announce a new currency right when hyper-inflation begins to settle in.....

I can see this especially if they print that $4 trillion that Lloyd Bankfein is babbling about which has about 50/50 chance with the people we have in charge....

inflation has been the game for quite some time now and they fear deflation like the AIDS....but until this stuff transpires (or doesn't)

:wacko:

I think the plan is to avoid the deflationary depression and to bring on lots of inflation.....then announce a new currency right when hyper-inflation begins to settle in.....

Isn't this the lunatic conspiracy that Michelle Bachmann tried to address with her bill to prevent the US adopting any foreign currency, a bill that got zero sponsors because she's completely bat$hit crazy?

Isn't this the lunatic conspiracy that Michelle Bachmann tried to address with her bill to prevent the US adopting any foreign currency, a bill that got zero sponsors because she's completely bat$hit crazy?

There were people here who certainly believed that all on one answer bernanke made to Bachman on that topic that supposedly had 'lair's body language' and convinced said person a currency switch was about to happen.

Right. :wacko:

maybe you read something different than what I typed? :wacko:

There were people here who certainly believed that all on one answer bernanke made to Bachman on that topic that supposedly had 'lair's body language' and convinced said person a currency switch was about to happen.

Right. :wacko:

if the dollar collapses then the rest of the world will follow suit...the only answer is a new reserve currency that the rest of the world has faith in....

China is also playing a hugh part in this as well as Russia but people still believe that Russia is insignificant these days....so this doesn't go over well...

maybe you read something different than what I typed? :wacko:

Don't think so.

Global currency

On March 26, Bachmann introduced legislation that would bar the dollar from being replaced by any foreign currency. Current law prohibits foreign currency from being recognized in the U.S., but Bachmann's legislation would address concerns relating to the President's power to make and interpret treaties.[49] Earlier that month at a Financial Services Committee hearing, Bachmann asked both Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke if they would reject calls for the U.S. to move away from the U.S. dollar and they replied that they would reject such a call.[50]

Don't think so.

Global currency

but we're already halfway into a digital currency.....all they have to do is burn the dollars and we'll be using cell phones and other digital devices to transfer money or make purchases....

the only difference between the USD and a digital currency is that the USD can be burned if you don't have any heat...