[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's the Mavs we all know and love ...

Grits and Shins

Well we will probably never know now but the fact remains that the Mavs were kicking the sh*t out of the Kings in Game 2 when Webber did get hurt. Even if he had not gotten hurt the series would have been tied 1-1 at that point.

What's up with the Spurs shunning Mavs fans from buying tix to tonight/Wed night's games? That's pretty low...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2003...tory?id=1556367

A question for the local Dallas people (Soylent, Grits, myhouse etc.):

What do you guys think of Mike (or is it Mark) Cuban? When I see this jackass with the bad hair and the T-shirts jumping around on the sidelines like a school girl I get sudden urges to smash my TV. And they show him over and over again. What's the locals take on this guy?

HUGH ONE:

What do you guys think of Mike (or is it Mark) Cuban? When I see this jackass with the bad hair and the T-shirts jumping around on the sidelines like a school girl I get sudden urges to smash my TV. And they show him over and over again. What's the locals take on this guy?

I think the general thought is that we are willing to put up with his silly/childish antics because he is willing to spend money to put a competitive team on the court.

HUGH ONE:

On my end we are embarassed by his behavior but tolerate it because he's (not by himself but it sure got rolling when he took over) turned one of the worst franchises in professional sports into a winner. His act would grow very tired over the course of a 13 win season.

I gotta agree, he can be "a little much" at times. But having said that I can put up with a guy who I think is half-crazy because the things he has done to help build this franchise make it all the worth-while. Does he look/act like a jack-a$$ sometimes? Yes, probably so, but I guarantee you his image appeals more to the average fan then does the image of the "rich guy" sitting sternly and not smiling is his own suite by himself.

There's just no arguing with the turnaround and success the franchise has had since he got to town.

HUGH ONE:

Where'd he come from?

Thanks for the info/replies, I guess someone who succeeds can act a lot more annoying ang get away with it than someone who loses.

Going from memory but I think he started the internet radio (broadcast.com) thing and sold it to yahoo. I swear I heard a story that he was from the Pittsburg area because he was interested in buying the Penguins and when that fell through he bought the Mavs. Take that with a grain of salt as my memory has never been that great.

HUGH ONE:

I guess someone who succeeds can act a lot more annoying ang get away with it than someone who loses.

True.

His antics are considered eccentric but acceptable as long as the team is winning ... if the team was not competitive the same behavior would probably be considered distracting and childish.

Well I'm not giving up yet but the chips are definitely stacked against us.

I refuse to believe we can't win without Dirk. Sure it makes it a heck of a lot nicer to have your star player but look at game 3. 4 missed free throws and a few mental mistakes (the layup by Ginobli at the end of the 3rd) and you win that game.

Of course thats all "coulda, woulda, shoulda" talk and the fact remains that they didn't do those thing and are now in a huge hole. Hopefully they just try and take it "one game at a time" and we can get back to Dallas for Thursday.

Anyone else finding they really like this Mavs team? Heck I had given up about midway through the 3rd but was determined to watch until the bitter end. How this team has the guts to come back like that is beyond me. Like Blitz, I don't see 2 more but it sure is fun.

Go Mavs. :D thumbs_u

I watched a little bit of the game and saw how dominating the Spurs were ... and when the time came switched to the news. During the sports segment the score was mentioned 83-83 ... so I switched back and watched the remainder of the game.

The Mavs looked really good in that last 10 minutes and the Spurs looked lethargic. It was a fun game to watch because you could see how bad the Mavs wanted it and it brought their whole game up to a new level. The Mavs were busting ass every minute of every play.

Now if they could win on home court and take it to game 7 that would be great.

Congrats to the Spurs. They played their hearts out in the 4th qtr and the Mavs just couldn't buy a bucket. My hat goes off to Steve Kerr; he really earned his paycheck tonight. All and all a great series and I think the Mavs will really benefit from the experience they gained in the playoffs this year.

Here's to next year!

myhousekey:

Congrats to the Spurs.  They played their hearts out in the 4th qtr and the Mavs just couldn't buy a bucket.  My hat goes off to Steve Kerr; he really earned his paycheck tonight.  All and all a great series and I think the Mavs will really benefit from the experience they gained in the playoffs this year.

Here's to next year!

34-9 in the 4th quarter ... ouch.

Looked to me like the Mavs ran out of gas and were attempting to sit on their lead ... I can't remember how many times they had to rush the shot to beat the clock only to throw either a brick or air ball.