[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This trade is being vetoed, is it unfair?

Tommygator99

I am giving up Warner and E. Royal for S. Smith (Carolina receiver) and Tyler Thigpen. I lucked out at QB in my draft and have Warner, Brees and Garrard. Warner is arguably the no. 1 QB right now and Smith is certainly a top 5 receiver. I have no interest in Thigpen but trades in our league must be equal from a position standpoint (i.e. If you give up a QB and WR you must receive a QB and WR).

It should be noted that I do not know the individual I am trading with so this is not some kind of inside deal.

What do you think, is the trade fair?

I am giving up Warner and E. Royal for S. Smith (Carolina receiver) and Tyler Thigpen. I lucked out at QB in my draft and have Warner, Brees and Garrard. Warner is arguably the no. 1 QB right now and Smith is certainly a top 5 receiver. I have no interest in Thigpen but trades in our league must be equal from a position standpoint (i.e. If you give up a QB and WR you must receive a QB and WR).

It should be noted that I do not know the individual I am trading with so this is not some kind of inside deal.

What do you think, is the trade fair?

Whats the record of your team and the team your trading with?

I am 5-4 and he is 2-7. There are five teams in each division and three from each go to the playoffs. The four teams in his division are 4-5, 4-5, 5-4, and 6-3, so he is only two games back and could clearly make the playoffs if he makes some changes. The four teams in my division are 7-2, 5-4, 4-5. and 3-6.

Seems perfectly fair to me. You are deep at QB and are trading for a top receiver. The throw-ins are both upside players, with Royal already showing signs.

Royal is far from a throw in, he is a viable WR2 on most squads. Thigpen is useless to the team acquireing him. Is this an unfair trade? Yes , as The guy gettin Smith is giving up too much to get him. Should it be vetoed? Absolutely not.

As far as the "premier" players in the trade goes, Royal is a throw-in. He has a lot of upside and is a quality #2, but the deal isn't being made for Royal. Warner is the top player on that side of the trade.

As far as it being unfair, I disagree. Warner's value to Tommygator is less than the trading partner's due to his depth at QB and needs at WR. You must consider all factors on each team.

As far as the "premier" players in the trade goes, Royal is a throw-in. He has a lot of upside and is a quality #2, but the deal isn't being made for Royal. Warner is the top player on that side of the trade.

As far as it being unfair, I disagree. Warner's value to Tommygator is less than the trading partner's due to his depth at QB and needs at WR. You must consider all factors on each team.

I have to disagree with that logic. You are saying someone should be penalized for having depth at a position. It is like saying wealthy people shouldn't get as much for thier money because they have more of it.

The reality of the situation is that people in my division are vetoing the trade not because they think the exchange is unequal, but rather because it is making my team stronger and reducing their chances of making the playoffs.

To me as long as the deal is made at arms length (i.e. players are not colluding to make one team better at the expense of another) and the exchanged player are equitable there should be no objections.

As far as it being unfair, I disagree. Warner's value to Tommygator is less than the trading partner's due to his depth at QB and needs at WR. You must consider all factors on each team.[/quote

You can disagree if you like, that is your prerogative, but Royal is under no definition of the term " a throw-in" . Is Thigpen a throw-in ? Yes. I was just answering his question as to if it was fair or not. The fact that it is a bad trade for him as far as talent goes had no bearing wheter the trade should go through. I said the trade should not be vetoed. Trades are evaluated as a whole , not just by your idea of who a "premier player" is or isn't.

Edited by G.K.Trey