[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KP Learns Photoshop

kpholmes

So over the past few months I've been playing around a lot with Photoshop and I've done a few football pieces I thought I'd share with you Huddlers,

The AFL Banner - My first experiment with Photoshop, a banner for the BOTH league.

KP's Krptonians - One of my earlier works, a logo for my team in AFL.

Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood - A piece requested by piratesownninjas for his team in AFL.

Al Davis the Orc - I've always thought Al looked like an Orc... so I decided to prove it to everyone. Finished this one tonight.

I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

If anyone is interested in picking up some of the basics, I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

Edited by kpholmes

So over the past few months I've been playing around a lot with Photoshop and I've done a few football pieces I thought I'd share with you Huddlers,

The AFL Banner - My first experiment with Photoshop, a banner for the BOTH league.

Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood - A piece requested by piratesownninjas for his team in AFL.

Al Davis the Orc - I've always thought Al looked like an Orc... so I decided to prove it to everyone. Finished this one tonight.

If anyone is interested in picking up some of the basics, I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

Good job. Could you doctor a photo showing the Raiders O-line actually blocking someone. Or maybe our receivers actually catching a ball. How about our defense tackling someone. That would be cool!

Isn't your picture of Aaron Rodgers actually a pic of Jake Plummer?

Cool! Got the photoshop suite with my new desktop - can't wait to play with it.

The student/full version? Or the SE version? If it's the SE version, you will be disappointed, sorry to say. Photoshop Elements is very nice, reasonable in cost and does much of what PS does. Much of the "EXTRA STUFF" in PS is only used by the Pros plus PSE has a couple of features that PS doesn't have, but right now I can't remember what they are. OTD!

Isn't your picture of Aaron Rodgers actually a pic of Jake Plummer?

:wacko: Talk to PON - he gave me the pictures to Photoshop for that one.

That picture comes up under a google image search of Aaron Rodgers and Jake Plummer.

Edited by kpholmes

The student/full version? Or the SE version? If it's the SE version, you will be disappointed, sorry to say. Photoshop Elements is very nice, reasonable in cost and does much of what PS does. Much of the "EXTRA STUFF" in PS is only used by the Pros plus PSE has a couple of features that PS doesn't have, but right now I can't remember what they are. OTD!

Yeah, don't waste your money on Photoshop CS3 unless you really understand and know the full power of the application. Everyone in my office can spin that application on their fingers, myself included, but that took years of school and using it everyday for years.

Premier Elemets 4 and Elements 6 - whatever that means...

Premier Elemets 4 and Elements 6 - whatever that means...

Those are older versions, but should be more than adequate. The latest and greatest are both ver 7. I'm still using ver 4 for PSE and it's OK, but I'll prolly upgrade before the holidays. Premier Elements is for video & slide shows.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Those are older versions, but should be more than adequate. The latest and greatest are both ver 7. I'm still using ver 4 for PSE and it's OK, but I'll prolly upgrade before the holidays. Premier Elements is for video & slide shows.

CS4 is the true latest and greatest. :wacko: