[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help a brother out with a computer issue?

Furd

My computer lost its connection to the internet. I wasn't at the helm, so I'm not sure what happened. My home page was changed .

I've only had time to run a Norton troubleshooter. It says that there are problems with the IP address. Are there viruses, malware or the like that can change the address? Any other ideas as to what's wrong?

Any ideas on diagnosing or fixing the problem would be appreciated.

My computer lost its connection to the internet. I wasn't at the helm, so I'm not sure what happened. My home page was changed .

I've only had time to run a Norton troubleshooter. It says that there are problems with the IP address. Are there viruses, malware or the like that can change the address? Any other ideas as to what's wrong?

Any ideas on diagnosing or fixing the problem would be appreciated.

D/L the H8 rec'd http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and run it. Also do a deep scan w/ whatever AV s/w your running and report back.

Edited by rocknrobn26

D/L the H8 rec'd http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and run it. Also do a deep scan w/ whatever AV s/w your running and report back.

Thanks. Unfortunately, without internet access, I can't do that.

I've learned that my connections to the internet have been changed. I ran the Microsoft diagnostic/repair without much luck. I imagine that I can reset them, but I haven't spent the time on it yet.

What's wrong with the people who create these things? :wacko:

Thanks. Unfortunately, without internet access, I can't do that.

I've learned that my connections to the internet have been changed. I ran the Microsoft diagnostic/repair without much luck. I imagine that I can reset them, but I haven't spent the time on it yet.

What's wrong with the people who create these things? :wacko:

d/l it to a thumb drive and then run it on your pc

Couple of questions...

Are you using any type of router between your PC and your DSL jack?

Static or dynamic IP address?

ISP?

No router, I have no idea. Comshaft cable.

Zup, my friend???

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to dick around with it. Its the connection.

i need to grab a couple of beers and spend some time with it. :wacko: