[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is killing me

westvirginia

catchy...the chick is smokin!

anybody watch the CMA's lastnight?

who was that dude singing One Love with Chesney?...I heard it from

the other room and thought it was a Bob Marley video and ran to check it out...

that was freaky how much like BM he sounded....white dude to....know who he is?

You think that that is Pop music? :wacko:

I would classify it as country crap pop. Just like there is punk crap pop, and crap pop metal rock. There is pretty much crap pop that appeals to the lowest common denominator in every genre. I tend to categorize all these together more than the honest to goodness stylings of the true music. And I have nothing against a good pop song, that one was pretty bad.

I would classify it as country crap pop. Just like there is punk crap pop, and crap pop metal rock. There is pretty much crap pop that appeals to the lowest common denominator in every genre. I tend to categorize all these together more than the honest to goodness stylings of the true music. And I have nothing against a good pop song, that one was pretty bad.

This is my feeling as well, on what is pop. It's a stupid 3-chord song worthy of Jimmy Buffet without the entertaining lyrics and still.........can't........stop........listening.....

I'm just gonna go drive off a cliff. :wacko:

I think people incorrectly define any watered down version of other music genres as pop, when, in fact, pop is it's own genre. A genre that can be rather hard to define, but a genre none the less.

To me, pop means stylized music that doesn't conform to any other specific form. Bands or artists whom I would actually define as pop include The Beatles and Elvis Costello. Both legendary, but neither were Rock or Folk or any other classic genre. They were pop.

What people tend to call pop-rock or pop-country or what have you is likely more appropriately just bad rock or bad country.

At least that's how I see it.

I don't listen to a ton of pop music, but I heard this one and LOVE it. Cannot get it out of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT6EnqWAcQw&feature=email

:wacko: seriously? I listened to about 30 seconds, and had to close it before I started punching myself in the balls to distract from the pain in my ears. I thought about just muting it so I could look at the hawt chick, but even then I'd have to keep seeing that ghey hippie redneck dude too. :shudder: