[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Half Ton Mom/Dad

alexgaddis

I can never get enough of watching Discovery shows about morbidly obese folks...its absolutely fascinating to me how someone can get to that size...

but it got me thinking, how do they go to the bathroom?? Obvioulsy they can't get out of bed so they must poop and pee in their bed...so how does it not pile up?? Where does it go???

If you really want to know, as someone who is in the neighborhood of 700lbs, I can tell you that it is not easy. The best scenario is to get clean in the shower after but that is not always realistic. So you use implements, like a bidet and also disposable wipes on an extender stick. I have also run into times where I have needed my wife's assistance, and thank goodness I have her.

There's your answer...disposable wipes on an extender stick.

The yahoo answers thread didn't do into the mordibly obese, the ones that weigh 1000 pounds...the ones that can't get out of bed...if it takes 6 people to roll them over, then how does one assistant get the poop away??

My favorite part of the Yahoo thread was the best answer chosen by voters... :wacko:

The yahoo answers thread didn't do into the mordibly obese, the ones that weigh 1000 pounds...the ones that can't get out of bed...if it takes 6 people to roll them over, then how does one assistant get the poop away??

You bring up a good point and we must get to the bottom of this.

Still don't know what they defecate in, but this should help after.

I always thought it was sad that to get that big you had to have someone assisting you in your demise bringing you the food.

Frankly, if I had a family member that big they would get small portions until they could get out of bed to get their own food.

have also run into times where I have needed my wife's assistance, and thank goodness I have her.

That is pretty much why God invented divorce.

If my wife was disabled in an accident... well, that's one thing. If she just got so fat she couldn't wipe her own ass... I'm setting my sights higher.