[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League rules question - Waiver cutoff time

CrazyOne

I'm curious how other leagues handle the cutoff times for waivers. How the actual waivers are processed earlier in the week, be it rounds, bids or whatever is not really material here I don't think. I'm guessing that regardless of the processing type, most leagues have a period of first come, first served waivers that extends perhaps up to the kickoff of the first game of the week.

So my question is, does that cutoff still stand in your league even with this proliferation of Thursday games for several weeks of the season? Does anyone play in a league that offers waivers (that will be valid for that week) after a game has been played that week? Do you guys think that is a good or bad idea?

I'm just trying to figure out if we should adjust our rules next year to account for this. We have always stopped waivers for any given week at the first kickoff, but since half the year the first kickoff is now Thursday, I'm wondering if that is still a reasonable rule or not. I don't have a strong feeling either way, and maybe one guy in the league out of 10 actually brought it up, so it's not a huge deal. But I'm hoping to hear what others do just to see what is common. Thanks.

In all of the leagues that I run or am a part of (except for one), our schedules are set that the waiver period (be it waiver rounds or bids) run either on Wednesday night or Thursday morning every week of the season, and then FCFS is allowed up until the early kickoff on Sunday (though, Thursday players are locked out of being added or dropped once kickoff of the Thursday game has occurred)

This is the simplest method we have found so that there is no need to set up special rules for each Thursday week, and it prevents any confusion amongst the owners as it is a consistent run time every single week of the season.

This was the first season that we even allowed to change our line-up after the first game of the week started (after years of me urging the league to accept). Thus, this is the first time anyone noticed that it's a drag that you can't make waiver moves. None the less, we have our waiver cut-off as of 1st game of the week.

I'm assuming that MFL has a function that locks players from Thursday's game from either being dropped or picked up, so we'll likely do it the way others above do it in future years.

We allow max 2 moves per week. First is worst/first basis and awarded Thurs so you can use that player for Thurs games, making Thurs games not a problem or factor. Then it's FC/FS for another move up to kickoff. Best of both worlds that way w/the business of bids.

In the 3 leagues I commish, I allow FCFS waivers up to Sunday 1:00. I allow players in the Thursday game to be added FCFS. I guess it's not 100% fair, but Yahoo doesn't allow those players to be locked and no one's made a stink about it, so what the hey hey.