[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, my wife gets a new car...

detlef

Final warning. EVERYONE I know that has owned a VW has regretted it. Yes, the ride and performance is tough to overlook, but the reliability is crap (never owned one, just going by popular conception). My brother in law is a consumer nut, always does the research and makes the most practical purchase. He has a GTI diesel which he loves the economy, ride, and performance, but alas the breakdowns and repairs have him regretting the purchase. Owners I know have all had lots of problems and repairs are expensive. Just curious, what are the warrantee provisions?

Off the top of my head, I don't know the warranty. All I know is that we did nothing more than the routine stuff on our '04. I can't recall anything of any remote significance at all. Our mechanic drives a Jetta and swears by it as well.

There are two cars that he says he would own, VWs and Acuras. Now, I'm sure you could ask a dozen mechanics and get a dozen answers but we really like this guy and trust him. And, again, what "everyone" says means a whole lot less when you've had absolutely no regrets based on your own experience. Further, we were urged into buying our last one based on glowing endorsements from several friends.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head, I don't know the warranty. All I know is that we did nothing more than the routine stuff on our '04. I can't recall anything of any remote significance at all. Our mechanic drives a Jetta and swears by it as well.

There are two cars that he says he would own, VWs and Acuras. Now, I'm sure you could ask a dozen mechanics and get a dozen answers but we really like this guy and trust him. And, again, what "everyone" says means a whole lot less when you've had absolutely no regrets based on your own experience. Further, we were urged into buying our last one based on glowing endorsements from several friends.

Fair enough. Good luck and I hope you can prove me wrong if you decide to go that route. But I wouldn't, just sayin'.

Fair enough. Good luck and I hope you can prove me wrong if you decide to go that route. But I wouldn't, just sayin'.

See now, I've heard the exact opposite of what you're saying. I was never big on VWs until I started researching them and hearing rave reviews from people that own them. However, most of the reviews from people are based on 06 or newer so I can't really speak for earlier models.

I've owned numerous cars throughout the years (Rovers, Chevy, Nissan, Jeep, ) and they all have their fair share of people that like them and people that hate them.