[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocho-Cinco, disciplined by his father...

hooknladder

Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco, who had his 113-games played streak snapped Thursday night when head coach Marvin Lewis de-activated him for the game at Pittsburgh, said today he understands why Lewis disciplined him for showing up late to a team meeting Wednesday night at the team hotel.

Question: Would you tell us what happened last week in Pittsburgh? You haven’t addressed it yet.

Answer: “I put (head coach Marvin Lewis) in a tough position, and he made a call he had to make. It is what it is. I’ve never been deactivated all year.

“I didn’t get a chance to play. My dad deactivated me, punishment for his son. Other than that I’m back this week, ready to have some fun against some very good friends of mine. I’m looking forward to spoiling their playoff chances or whatever we have the chance to spoil.”

Q: Your agent, Drew Rosenhaus, went on ESPN and said you accepted the punishment and understood it. True?

A: “It was cool. I loved it.”

Q: So Drew spoke for you?

A: “He didn’t have to. I talked to Coach Lewis the entire time. I talked to him when he handed it down. I talked to him on the way to the plane. I talked to him on the plane, I talked to him when I landed. I kept texting him back and forth. I mean, it is what it is. When we lose, this has been the biggest news all year. What else do we have to talk about?”

Q: Don’t you think Carson Palmer’s elbow has been a bigger story?

A: “OK. You’re right.”

Q: Do you see yourself here, with the Bengals, next year?

A: Do you?”

Q: We go by what the contracts say, 2010, with the option for 2011.

A: “When LeBron (James) is out (of Cleveland, I’m out, too? I don’t have a choice. I’m here to 2010.”

Q: Do you want to be back?

A: “I don’t have a choice. I’m here until 2010.”

Q: It’s only a month away, do you anticipate a quieter offseason than last year?

A: “Yeah. I’m not going to pull that (stuff) again. I’m going to fade away. I’ll be in London and Africa the entire offseason – Kenya. Whatever was going on over there is over. You won’t have a chance to hear my mouth unless it’s coming from all the way over there.”