[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs Part 2

pardonmyfrench

OK, last week I posted about The Huddle updates on Brandon Jacobs, so I thought I'd visit it again this week. So, I went to the homepage and hit the "HOT" updated for Game Day Inactives (http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/season/w13/gdr.php) which says no need to refresh because the page automatically refreshes....

I scroll down find Washington versus NY Giants to find this....

RB Brandon Jacobs - Didn't practice Wednesday but participated fully the remainder of the week and expected to play.

ESPN is reporting he will start. John Clayton expects him to be able to get 20-25 carries.

This is where I looked last week. Is this wrong? This is where I saw that it wasn't updated. If this isn't where I'm supposed to look, then why is it marked HOT? BTW - is he going to play this week according to The Huddle?

Edited by pardonmyfrench

OK, last week I posted about The Huddle updates on Brandon Jacobs, so I thought I'd visit it again this week. So, I went to the homepage and hit the "HOT" updated for Game Day Inactives (http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/season/w13/gdr.php) which says no need to refresh because the page automatically refreshes....

I scroll down find Washington versus NY Giants to find this....

RB Brandon Jacobs - Didn't practice Wednesday but participated fully the remainder of the week and expected to play.

ESPN is reporting he will start. John Clayton expects him to be able to get 20-25 carries.

This is where I looked last week. Is this wrong? This is where I saw that it wasn't updated. If this isn't where I'm supposed to look, then why is it marked HOT? BTW - is he going to play this week according to The Huddle?

what is your problem?

The Huddle says he is EXPECTED TO PLAY

ESPN is saying he is EXPECTED TO PLAY ...except they are GUESSING on the number of carries he will get

What you will get when it is announced at the huddle is who is INACTIVE for the Giants just like all other teams....

seriously, what is your/the issue?

Edited by keggerz

http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/season/w13/gdr.php

San Francisco at Buffalo - 1:00pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO

Inactives: QB Jamie Martin (3rd), DB Allen Rossum, DB Reggie Smith, DB Dashon Goldson, C Cody Wallace, OT Jacob Bender, WR Arnaz Battle, WR Josh Morgan.

WR Josh Morgan - Inactive today.

WR Arnaz Battle - Inactive today.

BUFFALO

Inactives: QB Gibram Hamdan (3rd), SS Donte Whitner, CB Jabari Greer, LB Teddy Lehman, T Demetrius Bell, TE Robert Royal, DE Aaron Schobel, DE Copeland Bryan.

TE Robert Royal - Inactive today. Backups Derek Fineand Derek Schouman to fill in.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - 1:00pm ET

BALTIMORE

Inactives: QB Todd Bouman (3rd), WR Terrance Copper, WR Marcus Maxwell, CB Frank Walker, G David Hale, T Adam Terry, TE Edgar Jones, DT Lamar Divens.

WR Derrick Mason - Active and expected to play.

WR Mark Clayton - Active and expected to play.

TE Todd Heap - Active and expected to play.

CINCINNATI

Inactives: QB Carson Palmer, CB David Jones, SS Chinedu, Ndukwe, DE Eric Henderson, G Evan Mathis, T Kirk Barton, T Levi Jones, DE Antwan Odom.

QB Carson Palmer - Inactive today.

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Active and expected to play.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - 1:00pm ET

NEW ORLEANS

Inactives: QB Joey Harrington (3rd), DB David Pittman, RB Mike Bell, FB Mike Karney, LB Marvin Mitchell, G Jamar Nesbit, T Jermon Bushrod, WR David Patten.

RB Reggie Bush - Active and expected to play today.

TAMPA BAY

Inactives: QB Brian Griese, WR Dexter Jackson, QB Josh Johnson (3rd), RB Noah Herron, DB Donte Nicholson, LB Matt McCoy, T James Lee, DT Greg Peterson.

WR Ike Hilliard - Active and expected to play.

TE Alex Smith - Active and expected to play.

Once the INACTIVES are announced by the teams they are posted here ususally within a minute of being released to the media...how is that NOT what you need?

Edited by keggerz

:wacko:

Can't believe you are continuing your whine from last week. The Giants had a late game last week and Jacob's status as inactive was not declared by the Giants until minutes before the start of their game. It was posted to the Huddle within several minutes. Yet you are STILL whinning.

As a Jacobs owner I didn't wait to see his official status last week as I fully believed the Giants would come to the same decision I did ... they would not need him to win and it would be in Jacob's and the team's best interest to rest him. Furthermore ... even if he was active I anticipated that it wouldn't take the Giants long to get to the point where they felt the had the game in hand and didn't need to risk Jacobs any further.

Get over it already.

1) to the first reply....that update is not as of this morning. That is old information found yesterday on the site. Other places have more up to date information. I am starting Jacobs based on ESPN, but The Huddle's data is not up to date so it is not useful right now.

2) I will keep an eye on that link over the next hour. I want to make sure that is the only place I should be looking on The Huddle

1) to the first reply....that update is not as of this morning. That is old information found yesterday on the site. Other places have more up to date information. I am starting Jacobs based on ESPN, but The Huddle's data is not up to date so it is not useful right now.

2) I will keep an eye on that link over the next hour. I want to make sure that is the only place I should be looking on The Huddle

The Huddle reports him as 'active and expected to play' ... it won't change unless his status changes.

the info the huddle had when you looked at it was the most up to date info...other sites may have been speculating but there was NOTHING NEW....the only new news that there was going to be today was if he was ACTIVE OR NOT.

I think Lodon Fletcher is out of the game, making the matchup for Jacobs better now. Start Jacobs with confidence.

Please don't post things you THINK that have already been proven wrong:

Fletcher is ACTIVE....yes he was limited this week but right now he is ACTIVE and slated to play

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/30/giants-redskins-inactives/

Giants-Redskins inactives

Posted: Fantasy | Michael Fabiano | Tags: New York Giants, Washington Redskins

Giants: K Lawrence Tynes, WR Plaxico Burress, CB Sam Madison, RB Ahmad Bradshaw, LB Jonathan Goff, T Adam Koets, DE Jerome McDougle, DT Fred Robbins.

Analysis: RB Brandon Jacobs is active, as expected. He’ll share carries with RB Derrick Ward, who’s a viable flex option with Bradshaw out. WR Domnick Hixon is active and will start with Burress out. Hixon should be added in all fantasy leagues. K John Carney will handle the field-goal duties with Tynes out.

Redskins: QB Colt Brennan (3rd), LB Marcus Washington, DT Kedric Golston, G Jason Fabini, T Chad Rinehart, DE Erasmus James, TE Fred Davis, DE Rob Jackson.

Analysis: RB Clinton Portis is active and will start, so he’s safe to start in fantasy leagues. LB London Fletcher is also active and a nice option for IDP leaguers. The weather is very bad in Washington, so look for the running games to be featured.

Edited by keggerz