[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In the "what ever happened to" file...

Czarina

Rerouted Receiver

Tough road for Givens. Once he left the Pats, I lost track of him. I knew he'd had injuries but had no idea how bad they are. Sounds like he's lucky to be able to walk, really. My husband worked with him on a commercial several years ago. Seemed like a nice guy.

He actually dated a girl that I grew up with. I spoke to him on the phone one time, when she was at my house for a New Year's eve party. He seemed like a really good guy, based on what she had to say about him. That was a tough read, I had no idea he had gone through all of that. It sounds like he is on the right track now, and I wish him nothing but the best. Football can be a brutal game, and this is probably just one of many similar stories of former players who deal with life-affecting injuries.

Edited by Menudo

he was hines ward lite when he was here in NE. real tough over the middle, caught nearly everything thrown in his general direction. also had a chance ot meet him a while back, agree -- super nice guy, had that 7th rounder chip on his shoulder but not in a bad way, in a "i'm going to outwork everyone, bust my arse for my team and make all other teams regret passing on me" kind of way. glad he at least got a big payday before knee injuries did him in, though i'm not sure how much of that big original contract TEN has/had to pay him.