[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turkey Day - Game on the move?

FWmaker

As an East coaster who eats Thanksgiving Dinner @1:00 pm, and then spends time relaxing and playing games with the family :wacko: ..............................................it's comforting to know, I'm not going to MISS A REAL FOOTBALL GAME :D during those 3-4 hours.

KEEP THE LIONS ON T-DAY, I can still say I'm giving up a game(sic) for family time. :D

Edited by Polecat

You are all missing on one very important point, the Lions STARTED the tradition of playing football on Thanksgiving. It did not exist before they came up with the idea 60 years ago. I agree that the Lions need to make major changes within their organization but taking the game away from Detroit would be a travesty. The turkey day game is engrained in the fabric of Thanksgiving tradition in the Detroit area.

If other teams want to play on Thanksgiving, they should go ahead! Why not schedule all 16 games on Thanksgiving day? But don't take the game away from Detroit, it's their game. If you don't want to watch the game then maybe you can spend a few hours actually getting to know your family again.

Just one JunkMan's opinion.