[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the Marlins

Italian Stallion

As a Yankee fan, I'd like to congratulate the Marlins on their victory. They definitely deserved to win the way they played. They slayed the Giants, shocked the Cubs, and just outplayed the Yankees. They are a great team and they proved it time and again. So much for the high payroll theory. That's 2 years in a row that a low payroll team has won the Series.

...the only negative thing I will say about the Marlins is their fans don't deserve to have a championship title. They didn't support this team all year until they were in the playoffs. If there is one thing I can't stand it's bandwagon fans.

Originally posted by Italian Stallion:

...the only negative thing I will say about the Marlins is their fans don't deserve to have a championship title.

But they do, cuz' the Florida owners didn't pay Yankee money to get them there in the first place. It's young/raw talent and peristancy that got the Marlins the title...not talent and $$ and a head count at Pro-Player Stadium.

Italian Stallion:

Hey Dbaxx,

You don't have much room to talk as the fans in Arizona are the worst fans around when it comes to being bandwagoners.

I agree. There is a difference going to a game at Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Pac Bell, I've been to all of those stadiums...then Bank One. AZ is starting to get a tradition going. Very smart fans in all of those stadiums.

Have you ever been to a game at Bank One or "have you heard"? It's a great stadium.

Average attendance 2003

I've been to the BOB a few times. Although it is a nice ballpark in regards to open space and variety of places to eat, it is nothing more than a blimp hanger with a baseball field in it. It has absolutely nothing on the other great ballparks you mentioned. The fans in Arizona just sit on their hands and are relativiely quiet the entire game. I've been to every type of major sporting event in AZ and if you get too rowdy the fans will get mad and tell you to be quiet because they are trying to watch the game. Unbelievable!

Italian Stallion:

The fans in Arizona just sit on their hands and are relativiely quiet the entire game.  I've been to every type of major sporting event in AZ and if you get too rowdy the fans will get mad and tell you to be quiet because they are trying to watch the game.  Unbelievable!

I agree with you that the fans are quiet, but I've never seen anybody get mad and have been to close to a 100 Dbacks games.

I do disagree that w/your analogy of the park itself. PacBell is pretty much a cluster Oprah by the Standing Room Only area....Yankee and Fenway are just old and undoubtedly super rich w/history. The WORST park (built the same year as BOB) was Tropicana Field in St.Petersurgh/Clearwater. The field is a light moss green colored Astro turf, the fans don't have a clue, and the food was sub-par. But, that's just my take.

I'm with Stallion and HHC. This lifelong Yankee fan offers his congrats to the Marlins. To actually see a team experience unadulterated joy when they won made me wish it was 1996 all over again. Now when the Yankees win its a relief, when they lose its the "end of the world". Thanks, George.