[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The BEST thing about the Marlins win....

Guest PantherDave

Guest PantherDave

...is that MLB is done for the year. I could care less about MLB. Football, college hoops, PGA tour, and NHL are all I need. If MLB went belly up(and it will eventually if they don't make some serious plans for the future of the game) it would not bother me in the least..Hell, I'd throw a party and celebrate. Baseball sucks, hell I'd rather watch bowling than a game that is well past it's prime. Football is the passion of America. I would laugh at the highlights from ESPN during the season at the vast majority of nearly empty ballparks..the writing is on the wall...that dinosaur is heading twoards extinction..that would/will be a glorious day indeed!! sleep

i don't agree with you on the baseball thing, though the season should be shorter and OVER by football season! i really wish the NBA would go belly up. i like college hoops sometimes but the NBA sucks balls! basketball pretty much sucks all together anyway. thumbs_d

Guest PantherDave

I agree with the NBA, but college hoops is light years ahead of MLB in the popularity sector, but then again I hail from ACC country and tobacco road in particular.

I enjoy baseball enough, but really, it's just something to do between the last Stanley Cup game and the opening of NFL camps.

One of my buddies constantly compares the NBA to the WWE, what with all the prefential treatment superstars get. It's a joke. As one former NBA player put it, "I hated it when Jordan got called for his fourth foul, because you knew there was no way in HELL he was getting a fifth." And that's the problem with the NBA today.

Gimme pro and college football, the NCAA tourney in basketball, 2 or 3 hot dogs with Stadium sauce on them at a coupla dozen baseball games, and the quest for Lord Stanley's cup, and I'm pretty happy.