[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 17 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Feel free to post anything in here about Picks, Advice, Critique or Info. The more accurate information we have at our fingertips, the better off we are.

Time is short for me right now, but I'll try to post some insight this week. My advice is to target a couple of games between teams either both out or in a situation where both will be trying hard for the win. Go light, and go w/ just a few plays. The Wild Card round is when you can get back to solid wagering. This week is for a couple of hits - get in, win, get out. The more games you wager this week, the less likely you are to have a positive net. But everyone is different. Best of luck, and happy holidays to all!

I might look at some first half lines this week for teams that have things locked up. The one that is jumping out at me is the Cardinals -4 for the first half. I can see them looking to gain some momentum and coming out firing in the first half.

As far as the games I am leaning towards the Under in Tampa/Oak 39. I think T.B rights the ship on D this week. I also fell the Raiders stud cb keeps Bryant in check and eliminates TBs big threat which makes them pedestrian on O. I can see a 17-10 or 21-10 type of game here

I might look at some first half lines this week for teams that have things locked up. The one that is jumping out at me is the Cardinals -4 for the first half. I can see them looking to gain some momentum and coming out firing in the first half.

As far as the games I am leaning towards the Under in Tampa/Oak 39. I think T.B rights the ship on D this week. I also fell the Raiders stud cb keeps Bryant in check and eliminates TBs big threat which makes them pedestrian on O. I can see a 17-10 or 21-10 type of game here

Whomper - good ideas you have there. One thing to consider w/ TB is that Lane Kiffin surely has given his dad Monte, who will be his D coordinator at UT and is currently the D coordinator for TB, as many secrets regarding the Oakland offense as he could muster. That has to help TB a bit. I have no doubt that the Kiffins will want to smash Al and Oakland one last time. Also consider that Gruden would love to do the same. However, their D really is not the same as it was earlier in the year and what we have come "to know" TB for. I'm sure the troops will give a rousing effort for Monte Kiffin, but I thought they would do that last week too.

It seems I am prone to late season swoons in fantasy football and playing the numbers. So I am treading lightly. Very few games on the board that look to be easy calls anyway. I'll be playing small.

Parlay/teaser

Bal -11/ Over37

Parlay/teaser

KC+3

Hou-3

Also made a futures bet on the Colts to win the SB at 17/2. I'm not sure their defense has a run in them like they had when they won it all before. But I just have to love the value I am getting on a team that is in the playoffs every year, and whose collective experience in the post season trumps any of the other contenders. I also like this play because if the Colts do somehow claw their way to the big game, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they would then be favored in that game, depending on how things play out. I thought right now would be a good time to make that play, I don't really see the odds getting any better than they are.

I took TB/Oak under 39.5

I teased

TB/Oak -49.5

Pitt -1

Atl -4

I took ari-4 for first half

Thats about it. I am really tempted to take atlanta to blow out the rams and cover -14 but I think I am gonna stick with the above

Pulled one out of my arse today. Couldn't resist making more plays and I hit.

2 team parlay

Hou-3

NE ML

Ended up about even after first round of games, then made this one:

3 team parlay

Phil, Bal, Mia.

Phi, Az, SF

Pushed on SF. Still came out ahead for the day!!