[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan named OROY

tazinib1

I think it's important to remember that Forte was a feature back, and CJ put up his #'s in a committee backfield. Prorate Johnson's #'s to Forte's 316 attempts and he'd look like an easy pick.

Not really, he had similar number of carries already. Plus, you cannot just prorate a players #'s to imagine an easy pick. The fact is he DIDN'T match the numbers to Forte or Slaton. 2 rookie RBs who weren't voted to the Pro Bowl. I think that says more about Pro Bowl voting being bogus than Johnson being cheated out of Rookie of the Year.

Not really, he had similar number of carries already. Plus, you cannot just prorate a players #'s to imagine an easy pick. The fact is he DIDN'T match the numbers to Forte or Slaton. 2 rookie RBs who weren't voted to the Pro Bowl. I think that says more about Pro Bowl voting being bogus than Johnson being cheated out of Rookie of the Year.

316 - 250 is 20% less. That's a significant amount.

I'm just saying if you switched Johnson and Forte's playing situations they'd be the same players, but perceived differently. Stats are often the by-product of the system.

I think it's important to remember that Forte was a feature back, and CJ put up his #'s in a committee backfield. Prorate Johnson's #'s to Forte's 316 attempts and he'd look like an easy pick.

Johnson may or may not be as good as Forte as a feature back. All that is just speculation.

To me, and most would probably agree, Johnson benefited from having Lenwhale do a lot of the heavy lifting. If Johnson had to play both roles, I think you might see some diminishing returns.

Johnson also benefited by playing behind one of the best, if not the best, OLs in the league. They're at least top 3. Forte, not so much.

Edited by kingfish247

Johnson may or may not be as good as Forte as a feature back. All that is just speculation.

To me, and most would probably agree, Johnson benefited from having Lenwhale do a lot of the heavy lifting. If Johnson had to play both roles, I think you might see some diminishing returns.

Johnson also benefited by playing behind one of the best, if not the best, OLs in the league. They're at least top 3. Forte, not so much.

I agree with all of this, and apologize to Matt Ryan for hijacking a thread that should be patting him on the back (and deservedly so).

3 turnovers for the OROY in his first playoff game where the team lost by 6 points. This is exactly my point above about the team not relying on Ryan to win its games.

Also, this was versus one of the worst pass defenses in the league this year. Only the Lions and Broncos had worse defensive passer ratings than AZ while allowing a league worst 36 TDs.

Again, I'm not trying to be a hater. He has the goods but he has a long way to go before he is a 'stud' QB by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by kingfish247