[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frost/Nixon

Pope Flick

Hadn't seen a thread on this yet, but I saw it last weekend and it was fantastic. What's amazing is as the film starts I was thinking "Langella kinda looks like him" but at the end, in the final "showdown interview" I swear my mind morhped him into Tricky Dick. His voice and eyes turn him into that.

For a piece of American Political History that was very significant I was very entertained to learn a bit about this event which I was too young for at the time.

In fact, the biggest weakness in the film is Kevin Bacon. Langella so absolutely becomes Nixon you don't even think about the acting. Likewise with the supporting characters, some of whom are only vaguely recognizable. It inadvertently achieves a pseudo doc feel to it until Bacon's mug shows up and reminds you everyone's an actor. He's fine, just the only "face" you'll know.

Go see it. Word is Langella, Rourke and Eastwood will go to the wire for Best Actor.

Hadn't seen a thread on this yet, but I saw it last weekend and it was fantastic. What's amazing is as the film starts I was thinking "Langella kinda looks like him" but at the end, in the final "showdown interview" I swear my mind morhped him into Tricky Dick. His voice and eyes turn him into that.

For a piece of American Political History that was very significant I was very entertained to learn a bit about this event which I was too young for at the time.

In fact, the biggest weakness in the film is Kevin Bacon. Langella so absolutely becomes Nixon you don't even think about the acting. Likewise with the supporting characters, some of whom are only vaguely recognizable. It inadvertently achieves a pseudo doc feel to it until Bacon's mug shows up and reminds you everyone's an actor. He's fine, just the only "face" you'll know.

Go see it. Word is Langella, Rourke and Eastwood will go to the wire for Best Actor.

we saw it and really enjoyed it, too. i was too young to remember it, so i also appreciated the educational aspect of it.

what really, really pisses me off, though, is the film is rated R. for what? best i could recall was a half-second nude shot and a "motherf'er." granted, the movies aren't the best place to learn about history, but if anyone under 17 is interested checking out a film that happens to be a decent history lesson, they can't (at least not by themselves).